My New Garage - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Garage Talk
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Garage Talk Discuss all topics related to the garage. Topics may include garage setup, design, ideas, tools and equipment.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #21
InfantryMP
[Administrator]
[Local Team Member]
[Powder Coating Guru]

interested in seeing a drawing of the inside layout or some blueprints!
InfantryMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
Rik84
Forum Lackey

Pm me your house plans... I'll see what kind of random magic I can dream up for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Rik84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #23
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Wait a second. So you couldn't afford to make ToD (150 bucks) but you could afford to build a GARAGE!? D:

Build thread with lots of vids:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #24
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

This is a tract builder built home, they do not give out blue prints. We will be at the house this weekend, I will take better pics and measurements if you guys let me know ahead of time.

@HappyMint: sweetie, money isn't so much the problem as time is. There is something else I have not shared with the forum which has been taking up a lot of time. Yes, I do have a life outside of this forum, as hard as that may be to believe.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #25
Rik84
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAss View Post
This is a tract builder built home, they do not give out blue prints. We will be at the house this weekend, I will take better pics and measurements if you guys let me know ahead of time.

@HappyMint: sweetie, money isn't so much the problem as time is. There is something else I have not shared with the forum which has been taking up a lot of time. Yes, I do have a life outside of this forum, as hard as that may be to believe.
They will definitely have plans.

Just ask the contractor for their "Architecturals". You don't need to review the structural or engineered drawings.

Architecturals will include a site layout, elevations, floor plans and sectional drawings. Also - if you're buying the home they 99.9% of the time leave a set of plans in your new home owner guide book as well.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Yeah, I believe I will get the plans, not the blueprints though.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
Old 03-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #27
Rik84
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAss View Post
Yeah, I believe I will get the plans, not the blueprints though.
Hah, blueprints

There aren't really blueprints anymore... When building a house you'll have a structural set and an architectural set which encompass just about everything a builder would need to build the home.

Blueprints are just an antiquated term for structural drawings. They legitimately used to be printed on blue paper, hence the name.

I can say that over the last 10 years I have not once come across a set of true "blueprints" on a job site, may it be single family, multi family or commercial.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #28
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

This builder has those blueprints for sure, computer generated ones. I have seen them and was told that they keep them and don't share them at all. Not a big deal though. I also don't think I will have the plans until I close on the house, which is sometime in late May.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #29
korvinas
Just Spooling Up

If you are painting the floor you should use 100% epoxy based paint and not a water based paint. If prepped correctly and applied correctly you should expect at least 20 years out of an epoxy based paint. I can tell you from experience since your floor isn't poured yet you will want to wait at least 6 months just to be sure there is no moisture coming up through the concrete and that it has settled. Otherwise you will get cracks and the paint may look dull over a short period of time. The kit I went with came with some aluminum oxide sprinkles for a non slip surface but I didn't use it. Its not terribly slippery when wet.
korvinas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #30
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

As far as garage floor coatings go, is there a reason I wouldn't want to do a penetrating sealer like this one:

http://www.vseal.com/collections/penetrating-sealers

EDIT: Also, the garage floor was already poured/laid about 3~4 weeks ago.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement