Just bought by 2014 EVO X GSR, a few questions I need to ask - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
wicked_evo11
Forum Lackey

what city are you in?
wicked_evo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
Dags
aka 1990ggsxnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_evo11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by one4 View Post
If you want your tires to last a bit longer I would get a good alignment right off the bat. The factory alignment is complete crap.
^this!

with factory alignment my stock tires had a lot of cupping and inner wear.
you have a few option for some affordable wheels. xxr is pretty popular (not my cup of tea). option lab is another. how wide and aggressive of a setup are you planning on running?
I'll throw this up there again just because I didn't take the advice that was given and had to listen to cupped tires. If you're unaware of how it sounds and plan on keeping them for a bit, just think "really bad wheel bearing". Thousands of miles on those things made me regret not taking it to get an alignment after purchase.
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #13
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
tsaad710
n00b

Detroit
tsaad710 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
tsaad710
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaad710 View Post
Detroit
Detroit
Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #16
Dags
aka 1990ggsxnj

Quote:
Quote:
Detroit
Detroit
I think the location is Detroit
Old 03-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
tsaad710
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [S]niperWolF(+) View Post
Welcome,

FYI theres no more COBB ACCESSPORT TUNE - nowadays accessport is used as memory card and OBII reader.
what do you mean by that? im looking on the COBB website and it is advertising that you can load OTS maps along with creating your own custom tunes
Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
Dags
aka 1990ggsxnj

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [S]niperWolF(+) View Post
Welcome,

FYI theres no more COBB ACCESSPORT TUNE - nowadays accessport is used as memory card and OBII reader.
what do you mean by that? im looking on the COBB website and it is advertising that you can load OTS maps along with creating your own custom tunes

That's absolutely wrong. Most tuners prefer Open Source (Tactrix OpenPort) for tuning but you can still get a pro-tune with an access port. Not sure if Sniper was trying to say something else and it didn't come out right. From many posts that come about people tend to agree that, in hindsight, they should just have gone Open Source and not paid the extra cash just to have the Access Port hanging on their dash. But some also prefer it because they don't want to have gauges hanging from their dash. This is only part of what it does and, again, can be used to pro-tune and flash maps as you can with Open Source.

Last edited by Dags; 03-28-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #19
tsaad710
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990ggsxnj View Post
That's absolutely wrong. Most tuners prefer Open Source (Tactrix OpenPort) for tuning but you can still get a pro-tune with an access port. Not sure if Sniper was trying to say something else and it didn't come out right. From many posts that come about people tend to agree that, in hindsight, they should just have gone Open Source and not paid the extra cash just to have the Access Port hanging on their dash. But some also prefer it because they don't want to have gauges hanging from their dash. This is only part of what it does and, again, can be used to pro-tune and flash maps as you can with Open Source.
Thank you. I am highly considering going to AMS to get a protune now that i know they are nearby. and yes they offer COBB AP tuning for a decent rate. Although it would put me back around $1200 for the AP itself along with the tune.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #20
tsaad710
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990ggsxnj View Post
I think the location is Detroit
I just checked, theyre located in chicago. This would be a bit of a drive so im wondering how much better a protune would be than just an OTS map. Would it be worth the extra $600(not including gas there and back) to get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement