What do you do when you make eye contact with a STI on the Road? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Off topic
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Off topic Forum for generic banter

Old 10-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #11
Roen
Forum Lackey

ONE MUST DIE.

Hopefully not me.
Roen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #12
mister
Banned

I say shoulda got an evo
mister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #13
stilletto
Just Spooling Up

There was nothing but comradery when I owned a WRX, but now I just get the stink eye. Pun intended. Haha.
stilletto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Subaru owners around me do NOTHIN but "fly-bys" every time they see me. followed by a grim stare as they drive by..

Evo's on the other hand I get nothing but good conversation. Whether is be 8,9 or 10. Some of the 8 & 9 guys still find it hard to believe we have an Evo, but not a 4G63 haha.

Evo's are still pretty rare around me though, I think I have seen 1-2 other X's where I live, and very rarely an 8 or 9.

With that said, I love the Evo community, and the community around me is especially strong (for not being many of them). to prove a point.... I blew my dipstick out on the freeway. Fuked the engine, left me stranded.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..

Now THAT'S what I call a community!
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
AdhesiveTeflon
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
With that said, I love the Evo community, and the community around me is especially strong (for not being many of them). to prove a point.... I blew my dipstick out on the freeway. Fuked the engine, left me stranded.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..!
On the way home from MOD a month ago, a buddy of ours that left the factory before us pulled over to help his friend's 2G that wouldn't start. We pulled over...and before you know it, there were like 10 cars that pulled over.
I've yet to lay my ears upon a Tomei but for anyone that has heard a ETS quiet which is what I came from, its about the same loudness until you go WOT, then the ETS screams like a bitch gettin in the ass for the first time whilst the akra is more akin to a 20 year old girl moaning and groaning loudly in your ear but in a sexy way. It's loud but you're loving every second of it.
AdhesiveTeflon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #16
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
Subaru owners around me do NOTHIN but "fly-bys" every time they see me. followed by a grim stare as they drive by..

Evo's on the other hand I get nothing but good conversation. Whether is be 8,9 or 10. Some of the 8 & 9 guys still find it hard to believe we have an Evo, but not a 4G63 haha.

Evo's are still pretty rare around me though, I think I have seen 1-2 other X's where I live, and very rarely an 8 or 9.

Out of absolutely NOWHERE, a Red Evo X pulls up and asks me if I need any help. Stood there and talked to me while I was waiting for the tow truck to.. total freaking stranger..

Now THAT'S what I call a community!
Yes Evo X or 8,9 is rare. I can see STI everyday. Lambo, 911, Ferrari every week. Evo every month or two unless i will pass by Cobb Plano shop.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #17
AdhesiveTeflon
Forum Lackey

What do I do when I make eye contact? I lick my lips. Let them know I mean business.
I've yet to lay my ears upon a Tomei but for anyone that has heard a ETS quiet which is what I came from, its about the same loudness until you go WOT, then the ETS screams like a bitch gettin in the ass for the first time whilst the akra is more akin to a 20 year old girl moaning and groaning loudly in your ear but in a sexy way. It's loud but you're loving every second of it.
AdhesiveTeflon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #18
jeremyr
Just Spooling Up

A guy in my subdivision has an STI.

I ran into him about 6 miles from my house and he flipped me off.....lol.
jeremyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #19
Dr.Chris
Just Spooling Up

I always throw them the duces and say hello. I'm a car guy and appreciate different platforms.
Dr.Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #20
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Nothing! I do nothing! I only respond to signs now, never initiate any more. Tired of even Evo guys in Vancouver completely ignoring other Evos.

I usually respond to CAR ENTHUSIASTS, not a specific car owners(Excluding ricers, those are not enthusiasts).

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement