New #50-1220 E85 AEM Fuel Pump Installed¯Perfect Fit!! - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 01-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
JaytheGreat

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JaytheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #12
Nienja
n00b

Oem Filter Sock

Are there any problems with the stock filter sock. I've read on other posts that the OEM sock isn't designed for ethanol, but there is 10% in most fuels anyways. I'm thinking people just posting a bunch of BS.

If i can pass up on getting an install kit and just dropping it in the stock housing, that would be great.
Nienja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2018, 03:09 AM   #13
Cyp
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienja View Post
Are there any problems with the stock filter sock. I've read on other posts that the OEM sock isn't designed for ethanol, but there is 10% in most fuels anyways. I'm thinking people just posting a bunch of BS.

If i can pass up on getting an install kit and just dropping it in the stock housing, that would be great.
If your running E85, then get a fuel kit to bypass the OEM filter that the pump slips into. However, you will then need a good inline filter just before the fuel rail

The sock that goes on the pump protects the pump. The OEM filter the pump slips into protects the injectors. I’ve been told the filter that the pump slips into is made of paper. If that’s the case, then E85 will break down that filter and start clogging up the injectors and cause you to go lean.

Last edited by Cyp; 02-06-2018 at 03:32 AM.
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #14
stocker

Nice review of the pump. I considered getting one, but went with a DW300c, since I was already running a DW65c. One curious thing for me is my DW65c and DW300c came with 2 O-rings like your AEM 320. When I installed my DW65c I noticed some slow start ups (like it needed to be primed after sitting) and I couldn’t get it to run richer. Come to find out the 2 O-rings pushed down towards the base of the pump output and didn’t hold a good seal. Ended up making a spacer like the stock one to keep the O-ring up.
Does the AEM instructions tell you to transfer the spacer from the stock pump?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
Ghost911
n00b

Delete.

Last edited by Ghost911; 04-05-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Ghost911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #16
Ghost911
n00b

You say the 2 o rings goes on the fuel stem on the pump. So I'm assuming the white spacer from the stock pump isnt used? There is no good video or pictures for this pump its pathetic everyone lacks details.

So how I have it in the picture is the correct way?
https://ibb.co/3cSghv3

Last edited by Ghost911; 04-05-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Ghost911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement