Whiteline or Super Pro Roll Center Kit? Or others... - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes General discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
EvolutionTheory
[Local Team Member]

Whiteline or Super Pro Roll Center Kit? Or others...

After searching, I've heard a lot of issues with the nuts backing out on the Whiteline kit leading to a clunky suspension and people having to tighten it back up frequently. I didn't find many people who use the Super Pro kit that is available for the same price, or a little cheaper. Has anyone used a kit other than Whiteline that they like, or has anyone just added another locking nut to the existing one to make it not back out like so many people have mentioned? Thanks.

http://www.superpro.com.au/whats-new...vo-and-impreza
Mods: AMS Intake - Synapse Synchronic BOV - Clutch pill delete - TWM Short Throw - OEM Stage 0 Mitsubishi high performance extended life stock clutch - TurboXS wide mouth DP - Tsudo DP-back exhaust - GS 3-port - UICP - Kaizen dyno-tune - H&R Springs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EvolutionTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Cyp
Forum Lackey

I have no issues with my Whiteline RCK. I have put many miles on mine. This other company product looks identicle And will probably work the same. Two of those bearings need to be pressed in. I recommend a machine shop because manually it is very difficult and damage could be done to the control arms.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
KeepItLow
n00b

I was in the same situation as you, after many research through forums I decide to go with SuperPro RCK. I got these a few days ago, the quality is very solid and boot material feels very durable.

Although I have not see the Whiteline RCK in person so I cannot compare, but I've seem some horrible stories on forums with them.

Here in Aus the SuperPro kit is about $50 cheaper than Whiteline kit..

KeepItLow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
EvolutionTheory
[Local Team Member]

Yeah I'm leaning toward the SuperPro kit just because of the issues people have had with the Whiteline. Maybe it's not everyone who has the issues but I'd rather not take the chance, although the Superpro kit could have the same issue...
Mods: AMS Intake - Synapse Synchronic BOV - Clutch pill delete - TWM Short Throw - OEM Stage 0 Mitsubishi high performance extended life stock clutch - TurboXS wide mouth DP - Tsudo DP-back exhaust - GS 3-port - UICP - Kaizen dyno-tune - H&R Springs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Just Spooling Up

I've been on the Whiteline RCK for the past ~20k miles with absolutely zero issues. That SuperPro kit looks pretty much identical to the Whiteline piece, aside from the blue versus yellow boots that the Whitline RCK features. More than likely, they're being made side by side in the same exact factory. Lol

Let us know how they work out for you as you start to rack up the miles on them!
55555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
UT_EvoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
After searching, I've heard a lot of issues with the nuts backing out on the Whiteline kit leading to a clunky suspension and people having to tighten it back up frequently. I didn't find many people who use the Super Pro kit that is available for the same price, or a little cheaper. Has anyone used a kit other than Whiteline that they like, or has anyone just added another locking nut to the existing one to make it not back out like so many people have mentioned? Thanks.

http://www.superpro.com.au/whats-new...vo-and-impreza
The problem you're talking about is on rear end-links. That has nothing to do with the RCK.

Issues present themselves on the RCK in the form of dust boots failing (from removing rotor shields), and the ball joints going bad way faster than the stock ones.
UT_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
Cyp
Forum Lackey

Looks identical to Whiteline.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
EvolutionTheory
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_EvoX View Post
The problem you're talking about is on rear end-links. That has nothing to do with the RCK.

Issues present themselves on the RCK in the form of dust boots failing (from removing rotor shields), and the ball joints going bad way faster than the stock ones.
Oh, I could have sworn it was the front. Thanks for the info though.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
UT_EvoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Oh, I could have sworn it was the front. Thanks for the info though.
Oh yeah, you might be right on that (I had issues with rears before too). But endlinks vs. ball joints and tie rod ends... completely different systems.
UT_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
xFonts
Forum Lackey

Moonface is an alternative which looks way beefier than any other product: but it's an expensive JDM alternative.

AMS FMIC ☼ ACT HDSS ☼ AEM 320lph
ID 1300cc ☼ GrimmSpeed EBCS
E85
MHI 18K ☼ Ohlins R&T
Radium Dual Catch Can || Fuel Rail
Sakura Intake || UICP || Street Exhaust ☼ Synpase DV
T1R Resonated TestPipe
Whiteline FSB || RSB || RCK
xFonts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement