Evo X ETS titanium single exit exhaust - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
shiftyevox
n00b
 
shiftyevox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7
Evo X ETS titanium single exit exhaust

Hey guys, new to the forums and my first post. Excited to be apart of the evo fam Just picked my Evo up about a month ago totally stock. Is going to be my daily driver for now. Already have my mod list together but thereís one thing I canít decide on and thatís the exhaust. No Iím not trying to start another exhaust thread 🙄 but Iím torn between the tomei and ets titanium. Was set on the tomei... I came from a 2016 STI and had a tomei on it. Loved it but after reading around on some of the forums about it tapering off before the cat it gave me second thoughts. I know the taper is not a big deal but Iím ocd and its going to bother me lol. Any videos I find of the ets arenít the greatest and thereís not very many of them. I Love the sound of the tomei and heard that the ets is quieter and more tame in comparison. Is this true? Does anyone have the ets on their car? Videos? I like to get as much info as i can before i spend $1,000+! Let me know, thanks!
shiftyevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey
 
LeesEvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
iTrader: (0)
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,755
Why so set on an expensive ass piece of pipe?

I would go ETS.

But honestly. It's just an exhaust. I can't spend 1,000 bucks on them. It kills me.

I spent 500 bucks on a top speed exhaust 6 years ago, it's still together. and it came with a free test pipe lol.

And by God is it loud...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 01:34 AM   #3
shiftyevox
n00b
 
shiftyevox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7
Yeah I know thereís plenty of other places I can put the extra money towards but I just feel like if Iím gonna spend the money it might as well be the one I really want because if I get anything else I know Iíll wish I had gone that route. Narrowed it down and really wanted another titanium exhaust, just like the sound they have and the weight savings is a huge benefit even though Iíll probably never be able to tell the difference lol
shiftyevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2019, 12:33 AM   #4
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftyevox View Post
Hey guys, new to the forums and my first post. Excited to be apart of the evo fam Just picked my Evo up about a month ago totally stock. Is going to be my daily driver for now. Already have my mod list together but thereís one thing I canít decide on and thatís the exhaust. No Iím not trying to start another exhaust thread 🙄 but Iím torn between the tomei and ets titanium. Was set on the tomei... I came from a 2016 STI and had a tomei on it. Loved it but after reading around on some of the forums about it tapering off before the cat it gave me second thoughts. I know the taper is not a big deal but Iím ocd and its going to bother me lol. Any videos I find of the ets arenít the greatest and thereís not very many of them. I Love the sound of the tomei and heard that the ets is quieter and more tame in comparison. Is this true? Does anyone have the ets on their car? Videos? I like to get as much info as i can before i spend $1,000+! Let me know, thanks!
You're going to have to think hard on how loud you want your car. Any single exit is going to be pretty damn rowdy. And if you get tuned without a cat, it will be even worse LOL
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
darkknight-x
Just Spooling Up
 
darkknight-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
iTrader: (0)
Location: 559
Posts: 460
Yeap my Tomei exhaust is killing me with the new build 2.2 I have.
darkknight-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
shiftyevox
n00b
 
shiftyevox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7
Well, I ordered the ets titanium along with a stm titanium test pipe and stm open dump downpipe. Couple of other things on the way too. Hopefully going to get it on the car shortly. Trying to do everything at once before I go get a tune! If anyone is interested in sound clips i'll post some as soon as everything comes in, thanks guys
shiftyevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2019, 09:36 PM   #7
Blue_Lion
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Southern California
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
Why so set on an expensive ass piece of pipe?

I would go ETS.

But honestly. It's just an exhaust. I can't spend 1,000 bucks on them. It kills me.

I spent 500 bucks on a top speed exhaust 6 years ago, it's still together. and it came with a free test pipe lol.

And by God is it loud...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
An expensive ass pipe for an expensive ass car. Match made in heaven. Haha. Joke obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftyevox View Post
Well, I ordered the ets titanium along with a stm titanium test pipe and stm open dump downpipe. Couple of other things on the way too. Hopefully going to get it on the car shortly. Trying to do everything at once before I go get a tune! If anyone is interested in sound clips i'll post some as soon as everything comes in, thanks guys
These clips would actually be much appreciated. There’s not many videos of the ETS Ti exhaust out there. And the ones that are out there, are dated, I agree, aren’t the greatest in sound quality. I have also looked into this exhaust though, and based on what I read, the ETS Ti exhaust will be less quite than the tomei because of the different material ETS uses. You can always throw on a vibrant resonator on the mid pipe for a less crazy sounding exhaust. (Advice from an ETS rep). Looking forward to the clips though!
Blue_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2019, 08:24 PM   #8
shiftyevox
n00b
 
shiftyevox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7
No resonator necessary as I like it loud haha I just heard the ets was a lot quieter in comparison but being a single exit titanium exhaust how quiet could it be? Hopefully have everything on in the next 2 weeks... I still have the last of my parts I ordered coming in. Excited to get it in and install it to show everyone else how it is!
shiftyevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
chuche831
Member
 
chuche831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 73
Forsure post up some sound clips! Have been wanting to change up mine from double exit to single.
chuche831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
Jayevo_23
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 8
I don't know about the ETS exhaust, but the Tomei is loud asf during cold starts. In cabin, its not too bad until you go over 3k rpm and the higher the rpms the louder it gets. It sounds amazing though.
Jayevo_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ets, exhaust, tomei

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 White Evo X GSR FBO 99gpgtx Automotive For Sale 5 11-25-2018 09:12 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.