New car has problems - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System Discussion for transmission, axle, driveshaft, and related systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
Apex_evo
n00b

New car has problems

I bought a 2015 Evo X GSR used from a dealer. Has 26,000 miles on it. owned the car for 20 days and the throw out bearing is making noise. Mitsu wants to do a tear down to check TOB and clutch components. I bought a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty when purchased, but clutches are normal wear and tear like brake pads so arent covered. Extended warranty says they would cover some of the parts probably but before i do that and then get a bill for hundreds of dollars, i am pursuing the selling dealer to fix this for free. Any opinions on who should pay for it or advice for me? Bought used from a chevy dealer.
Apex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Throw out bearing at 26k miles... that's a bit too soon. Also, Clutch is a wear item, but TOB that early is kind of a non-wear component.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 12:05 AM   #3
14_MR

Did the vehicle have one of those Sold As Is or Limited Warranty stickers? Sold as is means you will be on your own for the repair since the dealer isn't liable for anything you find or have issues with after you left the lot with the vehicle.
14_MR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 03:48 AM   #4
Apex_evo
n00b

Yea idk what the previous own did for the TOB to go so soon, thats why I got the extended warranty just incase he messed something up. Also, the dealer told me they provided a 60 day 2000 mile warranty, then i purchased my 3yr,36,000 mile warranty. Im going to the selling dealer monday to see what they say.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
Yxd68
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_evo View Post
Bought used from a chevy dealer.
First mistake.
Yxd68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 02:17 AM   #6
Apex_evo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
First mistake.
where else am I gonna get an evo? not buying from some chump off craigslist. cant get a warranty on craigslist lol.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
razorlab

Why did you buy an additional warranty on a car that already has a 5yr/60k powertrain warranty??? Sounds like the dealer took you for a ride.

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...t_Complete.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #8
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
where else am I gonna get an evo? not buying from some chump off craigslist. cant get a warranty on craigslist lol.
I am not sure who is a chump here... :/

If owner of the vehicle on craigslist is knowledgeable, you would have more luck with that guy then a random dealership.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #9
Ham42092
n00b

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
First mistake.
Ihave owned a 300z, a 350z, a mazdaspeed 3, a cbr 600, bought my wife a 2011 GTI, found a buddy a s2k, found an evo ix for another friend ALL from Craigslist. ALL are still running flawless. Just requires genuine research and paying for a pre purchase inspection at a third party reputable performance shop EVEN if you’re buying from a dealer ESPECIALLY. Chevy selling a mitsu lol the dealer deff played you BUT no point to cry over spilled milk, figured I’d share my experience.

I’ll tell you what previous owner did, he rode the clutch and dumped it like a Sunday morning dump truck. So your next step needs to be to go to a reputable shop and bite the bullet about installing a new clutch not the same dealer who sold you a beat down clutch to begin with.
Ham42092 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 05:53 AM   #10
Apex_evo
n00b

Mitsu 5yr/60k powertrain warranties are only for the first buyer, I asked a mitsu dealer and they said my evo does not have a factory warranty anymore, hence the 3yr/36k warranty i bought from ali auto. Also, the whole point of me saying i wouldnt buy from craigslist is because you cant purchase warranties when you do that. I know evos have problems and I would rather have a warranty so i dont have to dish out money when things break. It is my daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement