Cant Decide over Stock-frame Gtx3576r or Semi Stock-frame - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 05-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
IC_EvoX
n00b

Cant Decide over Stock-frame Gtx3576r or Semi Stock-frame

My future goal for my X are high 500 mid 600hp i chose the 3576 as is seems fun and pretty straight forward to install. I feel like i should already know this but it is always nice to here from other people. I chose to go with ATP GTX3576r, but there are 2 options. Stock frame 3576 3" inlet and 1.75" outlet (I know there is a 2.5 outlet adapter but it still has a bottle neck to it) or should I get the 4" inlet and 2" outlet (requires custom intake and outlet adapter). The both have a hp rating of 650 to 700hp and i am sure an external waistgate will be needed.
IC_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_EvoX View Post
My future goal for my X are high 500 mid 600hp i chose the 3576 as is seems fun and pretty straight forward to install. I feel like i should already know this but it is always nice to here from other people. I chose to go with ATP GTX3576r, but there are 2 options. Stock frame 3576 3" inlet and 1.75" outlet (I know there is a 2.5 outlet adapter but it still has a bottle neck to it) or should I get the 4" inlet and 2" outlet (requires custom intake and outlet adapter). The both have a hp rating of 650 to 700hp and i am sure an external waistgate will be needed.
The ATP GTx3576 is internal Watergate. Both will do what you want.

I have the bolt on 3576. And just made 500whp on a mustang dyno, on E85.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
mikelbring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
The ATP GTx3576 is internal Watergate. Both will do what you want.

I have the bolt on 3576. And just made 500whp on a mustang dyno, on E85.

Seems low on a built motor, just keeping it safe or what?
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
codyp124
n00b

aa

Last edited by codyp124; 09-01-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: need to delete comment
codyp124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #5
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
Seems low on a built motor, just keeping it safe or what?
Approx 10% difference between DJ and Mustang (low side)
so

500/.90 = 555 WHP

If we account for a drivetrain loss of 20%

555/.80 = 694 BHP (as measured via DJ)
500/.80 = 625 BHP (as measured via Mustang)

Remember turbos are rated for flow and estimated crank HP. Though those numbers do seem a slight bit low, even for a mustang.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
Approx 10% difference between DJ and Mustang (low side)
so

500/.90 = 555 WHP

If we account for a drivetrain loss of 20%

555/.80 = 694 BHP (as measured via DJ)
500/.80 = 625 BHP (as measured via Mustang)

Remember turbos are rated for flow and estimated crank HP. Though those numbers do seem a slight bit low, even for a mustang.
I want this motor (4th one) to stay together. So it is very conservative. Lol.

But yeah, 550 on a DJ is still not slouch

2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #7
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
I want this motor (4th one) to stay together. So it is very conservative. Lol.

But yeah, 550 on a DJ is still not slouch

500 WHP on anything tuned properly will be no slouch. Though my car feels much more underwhelming when I'm driving over when I let someone else take the wheel. Depending on the tune any modern car can fall victim to this with how well power can come in, its the "violent" power that makes people feel like the car is faster than it is.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #8
IC_EvoX
n00b

Responce

I chose 550whp to not kill myself. I am by all means a quote on quote bad driver haha. I feel i have to learn my way up in HP. Thank you BTW for the information.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #9
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_EvoX View Post
I chose 550whp to not kill myself. I am by all means a quote on quote bad driver haha. I feel i have to learn my way up in HP. Thank you BTW for the information.
For what its worth, your inlet/outlet adapter will be like 30 bucks max in silicone bend reducer combinations. You can get a 45 degree 2-2.5 inch silicone bend for the outlet, and a 3 (or 3.5 inch, IDK your intake pipe size) to 4 inch 90 degree hose for a decent price.

I will stress to look into having a small piece of metal placed between the manifold and the outlet hose so it doesn't ever melt. Also, some people have had issues with such high suction on a 4 inch silicone bend that it can collapse the elbow. The elbow thickness and strength will be a factor here, but the workaround is to have a metal elbow instead and use silicone couplers to attach those instead.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:45 PM   #10
IC_EvoX
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
For what its worth, your inlet/outlet adapter will be like 30 bucks max in silicone bend reducer combinations. You can get a 45 degree 2-2.5 inch silicone bend for the outlet, and a 3 (or 3.5 inch, IDK your intake pipe size) to 4 inch 90 degree hose for a decent price.

I will stress to look into having a small piece of metal placed between the manifold and the outlet hose so it doesn't ever melt. Also, some people have had issues with such high suction on a 4 inch silicone bend that it can collapse the elbow. The elbow thickness and strength will be a factor here, but the workaround is to have a metal elbow instead and use silicone couplers to attach those instead.
Thanx again for the info. Does anyone recommend the Flapper delete since i already have an ETS DP with Open Dump. Also will its help the turbo breath better with a tubular manifold such as the PROStock or MAP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement