Over Boost Help... - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 04-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
X EVO X
Just Spooling Up

Over Boost Help...

Well its been a while since I've been here. The EVO was the wife's car but now its the family car lol. So I haven't done any modifications to the car in years. The car has been running fine according to my wife. So since I started driving it more I noticed some issues. I recently replaced all the relays to solve the AUX Fuel Pump issue. Now I notice that when at WOT the car's boost level reaches 29-30PSI... Then it will start to taper down to the low 20's. I do not remember this to be the case as I remember boost spikes to be about 25ish... The AFRs also read about 10 during this... I ordered new spark plugs as its that time but I don't think spark would affect Boost. I checked all air lines and they all seem to be connected, seated all the way, and no splitting (maybe I could take them off to reseat them or pressure test, but no sure how to do that). This is as far as my knowledge takes me and would greatly appreciate some help from experience or even some more troubleshooting tips. The car is a 2008 GSR with 50k miles on it. The car run GREAT when just cruising or even flying around. The cars performance is what I remember it to be smooth and fast but when at WOT things go south, I even got the CEL light during one attempt.

Thanks in advance!

HP - 365 TQ - 359
Power Mods -
Injen UICP, Injen Intake, SC Test Pipe, Perrin CBE, AMS Intercooler, Turbotrix Dyno Tune.
Fluff - RalliartCF A/C Cover, Custom 2 Gauge A Pillar
Electronics - AEM Wideband, AEM Boost Gauge
Future - ????????????
X EVO X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
adi105

You say you havenít done any mods in years, so the car is modded then? What mods do you have done to it? Is it running the stock tune on mods? Even with minimal mods, considering your car is probably past warranty for these small issues, I might consider having a tuner look at it for you. Might fix all the issues for you.

MODS:
Built 2.0 Shortblock, Wiseco 9.3:1 Pistons, Built by MAPerformance
GSC S2 Cams w/ Beehive Springs
ETS 3" Intake | ETS 3" IC Piping | Turbosmart 3-Port BOV (Red Spring) | GS 3-Port EBCS | AEM 340 FP | ID1300 Injectors | Ported MHI 18k Turbo | WTF Flex Fuel Kit | Muse 4" Intercooler | Muse O2 Dump 3" Downpipe | ETS 3" Test Pipe | Magnaflow Muffler

"Live life one gear at a time."
adi105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
X EVO X
Just Spooling Up

Sorry, mods in my signature. Injen CAI with Hard Pipe, AMS FMIC, 3” Test Pipe, and Perrin Exhaust. These mods were on the car when I had it Dyno Tuned.

HP - 365 TQ - 359
Power Mods -
Injen UICP, Injen Intake, SC Test Pipe, Perrin CBE, AMS Intercooler, Turbotrix Dyno Tune.
Fluff - RalliartCF A/C Cover, Custom 2 Gauge A Pillar
Electronics - AEM Wideband, AEM Boost Gauge
Future - ????????????

Old 04-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
Splattj

You could also have a failed wastegate actuator. Try taking the line off of the solenoid and putting some compressed air on it and watch to see if it "actuates". It should open up at around 14psi.
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
X EVO X
Just Spooling Up

Thanks! I will give this a try tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement