Need help - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Anonymous123
n00b

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE INPUT!

-Let's just say no budget.. ;D

-He said he was leaning more towards getting an analog bc he heard its easier to see it go up in the corner of his eye as he's driving rather than seeing a number pop up. But I see the digital AEM which looks like he'd like it. But does the light on the gauge move similar to the analog needle? I just want to make sure I get him exactly what he wants.

-I learned that the upper left side is also called a pillar if that clears up any confusion to the placement.. but here's an example of where he said he wants it:
Anonymous123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
DDocto
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post

-He said he was leaning more towards getting an analog bc he heard its easier to see it go up in the corner of his eye as he's driving rather than seeing a number pop up. But I see the digital AEM which looks like he'd like it. But does the light on the gauge move similar to the analog needle? I just want to make sure I get him exactly what he wants.

-I learned that the upper left side is also called a pillar if that clears up any confusion to the placement.. but here's an example of where he said he wants it:
You should go with the DSG because it's great quality and it matches with the stock oem a-pillar... that's what I want lol someday...
GO: AEM | COBB | ARK
--(SF) Bay Area Evo Owners--

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DDocto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
TheBlade
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post

The AEM light does move as the needle on a true analog would, so your assumption is correct. A bonus with AEM digital gauges like that is they come with different faces, so you can change it from white or black depending on preference. MAPerformance sells them for a great price too. Quality of the AEMs are great too.

For mounting solutions the pic I have is the DSG 2gauge pillar. It's fantastic quality and it was around $250 if I remember correctly. Getting it on time might be hard, I would contact Sean on the phone to verify you could get one in time for Christmas. Took a couple months to get mine this summer. Chaz is also making some, might not hurt to send him a message to see about getting one. He was saying he was going to make a bunch over Thanksgiving. Both DSG and Chaz can do single, double or triple gauges. If you have the choice and don't want to ask for you bf's input to keep it on the DL, I would suggest at least doing a double. One for boost and another for Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio. Since that's an extra gauge you can get the temporary filler plate like you see in my pic for a few bucks from Prosport. It helps the install look good while you take the time to get the second gauge

If all said and done if gauge and mounting solution do go over your budget, there are a few more options.
I went with a Prosport because I wanted it to match the OE look, although I will admit. The quality of Prosport is hit or miss in reviews, thus far I've had good luck with them.

Last edited by TheBlade; 11-15-2012 at 07:49 PM.
TheBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
TheBlade
X-phile

I need to also add. You rock. When my wife and mother-in-law get me car parts or computer hardware for Christmas it totally makes my day. I'm sure whatever you end up getting will make his.
TheBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
steevo
Just Spooling Up

You are definitely a cool wife, my ex would never get me car parts! Considering you may not be able to get the DSG pillar pod in time, you could get him a mount something like mine to hold him over. Mine's a Defi analog gauge with a standard pod, but I'll be getting the DSG soon and this location will make it easy to move it to the pillar.

GSR//SSS//Navi//Advan Racing RS 19x10//BC Racing Coilovers//Whiteline RCA//Ferodo DS2500//Cobb AccessPORT//ETS Intake//Perrin 3-Port//AMS FMIC//UR UICP//Turbosmart BOV//UR Test Pipe//Trust PE II Exhaust//Defi Boost Gauge//APR Vortex Generator//Ralliart Tails//20% Tint//Valentine One//TopSpeed Tuned: 346whp/355wtq
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #16
Hippie422
Just Spooling Up

You are amazing!!!! My girlfriend won't get me anything for my car. Your boyfriend is the luckiest guy on earth.
Hippie422 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
Anonymous123
n00b

Talking Last question guys!

Thank you all again for the help!
I've decided to stick with an analog boost because I don't know how he will feel about the green light on all the AEM digital boost gauges, and since AEM seems to be the nicest quality I'm going to stick with that one.

One more question though...WHICH ONE DO I GET?????????? It didn't occur to me that there were different types!!http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/M...st-Gauges.html

OH also.. I know he wants it on the pillar but I want to get him just a little stand on his dash just for now, how do I acquire this!? Thank you all again!!!!
Anonymous123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #18
trick3d
Forum Addict

Get this one Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1354071142.600768.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	35768
Nagua's Mouth. It's open all the time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trick3d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement