Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Guess the AWHP and win a free...

30K views 525 replies 122 participants last post by  Demon X 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

As many of you know, I am getting a motor and turbo upgrade done this week and I thought we'd play a little game to spark some life back into this forum. So here are the rules:

1.) You attempt to guess the WHP of my car after the FINAL TUNE @ 1000 Miles Break-In.

The Prize for winning?

If you are able to guess my exact AWHP (No Decimals), I will call a local pizza joint of your choosing, and have a steaming fresh, hot, large 2-topping pizza (chosen by you of course) delivered to your front doorstep on a date that you decide. Relatively cheap, but I can see this getting fun/funny.

Here are the stats!

The Dyno: Kaizen Tuning's Heartbreaker Dyno Dynamics

The Average Temperature: Things here have been mid-high 80's all summer long. This will probably take place in the Sept. 1st time-frame.

The Fuel: Shell URT-Advanced 110 Octane Unleaded ( http://www-static.shell.com/static/...ng_solutions/urt_advanced_brochure_online.pdf )

Boost Target: 28-30 Pump / 33-35 on the URT Race Gas Tune

The Mods:

Engine:

Kaizen Tuning 2.0L Short Block
Manley H-Beam Rods
AMS Spec Pistons with Teflon Coated Skirts
ARP Hardware
Cosworth Bearings

Suporting Mods:

BB FP Red Turbo
Tomei Cams
Tomei Springs
Sakura Prototype Exhaust Manifold
TiAL QR BOV (Blue, it makes a difference.)
AMS UICP
AMS SRI
AMS LICP
AMS FMIC
AMS Fuel Rail
AMS Fuel-Pressure Regulator
AMS Downpipe
AMS Resonated Test-Pipe in
ID1000 Injectors
Greddy SE Catback

Build Thread:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56152

Results will be posted via a YouTube Video of the final dyno run, so there will be no bullshittery involved. I'll double check to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Let the games begin, Bitches.

The manifold!

CNC billet 316 stainless:

See less See more
#494 ·
#499 ·
Injectors, 900. New fuel hangar + Double pumper setup /surge tank of some sort to deliver the fuel, labor.

#505 ·
You've got my vote.

#509 ·
going for 487 whp :D

#518 ·
I'm just switching the In-Tank setup to something that helps out with the fuel return pressure issues.

#517 · (Edited)
Ehh... I never said I was gonna go E85... and truthfully I didn't know you needed huge injectors for RaceGas.

It was also going to be a single RaceGas Pull, on one tank of RaceGas. Why--- even if I did know--- would I buy $900 injectors for a single pull?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.