Nisei LICP/Inlet & AEM Intake - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
dcasandman
Forum Addict

Nisei LICP/Inlet & AEM Intake

Guys I just recieved these this evening. Im chomping at the bits to get all this installed, but Im waiting on my Perrin Stealth FMIC before I take the front clip off. Im not using the AEM Turbo Inlet though. Its still rubber like the stock. Its much better quality, but still rubber and will get soft when hot and expand Im sure. I ordered the Nisei Turbo Inlet to go with the AEM intake. It is a solid mandrel bent Aluminum. I will be using the Stock MAF housing which is just very very slightly smaller than AEM MAF housing(You would need calipers to measure the difference is so small). I dont think I will be able to feel a difference in between the 2, but after a tune it really wont matter. I could use the AEM MAF Housing, but I would have to trim about 1.5 inches off of it. All of this stuff is in Stealth Matte Black.

Here is the Nisei LICP and Turbo Inlet Pipe

Here is the AEM Intake Kit

Here is the rubber AEM Inlet vs the Nisei Inlet on the right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
wjulaxer
Just Spooling Up

looks great looking forward to the review

20% tint
wjulaxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #3
joey
Dr. Evo?

good job. i have to ask... whats the deal with stealth?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
JoeyMR
Just Spooling Up

very nice, kevin is still trying to get me a aem intake, he's gonna mod the aem maf pipe to work with their intake pipe. looks good can't wait to get all mine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| Tomei | AEM | Volk | Tein | Voltex |
JoeyMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 AM   #5
lwevert
Forum Lackey

I can't wait for my AEM to get in this week hopefully. I don;t get the stealth thing either. I would think the hood, side vents, large wing (maybe), and bad ass front end would kind of defeat the stealth look. Unless your trying to stay under the radar for inspections and dealership visits.
lwevert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
ricanevo
Just Spooling Up

CONGRATS man. i got that same set up. just have to get out of IRAQ in Sept to install it all. I went with the AMS FMIC that's the only difference.
ricanevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 AM   #7
TRUSTcompany9000
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanevo View Post
CONGRATS man. i got that same set up. just have to get out of IRAQ in Sept to install it all. I went with the AMS FMIC that's the only difference.
September awesome, I know the feeling on the wait, I put a reserve on my car last July while I was in Iraq, and didn't get it till January (when it came out lol) but definately know the excitement your going through!

Get a How-To submitted

Get in on our Monthly Contests right
TRUSTcompany9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
dcasandman
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhauser View Post
good job. i have to ask... whats the deal with stealth?
I say stealth, but not as much stealth as just blacked out. I really like a car blacked out, vadered out, or what ever you want to call it. I will be changing the wheels out to black also, and I think having the black FMIC will look good since I blacked out the front grill. Its just a personal preferance. Im not really going with the black to hide from inspection or to make the car less conspicuous. I just like the look. The BIG WING is also coming off as soon as I have time to leave it a few days at the body shop, and being replace probably by a DECK lip spoiler.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Mojito
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasandman View Post
Im not using the AEM Turbo Inlet though. Its still rubber like the stock. Its much better quality, but still rubber and will get soft when hot and expand Im sure.
it's a suction pipe and it's never under pressure, so why would it expand? I think replacing this pipe is an overkill.
Mojito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
dcasandman
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
it's a suction pipe and it's never under pressure, so why would it expand? I think replacing this pipe is an overkill.
It will still get hot and expand and contract with temperature change. Overtime it will be less consistant than Stainless steal or aluminum IMO. It may be overkill, but that is just part of my nature. I also just like the look of it better under the hood. I understand there probably will be no performance gain. I just think it will be a better setup over long term.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement