AEM Intake Installed with Nisei Turbo Inlet and LICP - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 08-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
dcasandman
Forum Addict

AEM Intake Installed with Nisei Turbo Inlet and LICP

I spent most of my evening installing new parts on my car since I can now pop the hood. This evening I took the time to install my AEM intake, Nisei LICP, and the Nisei Turbo Inlet. I did modify the MAF housing that came with the AEM system so It would fit with Nisei Turbo Inlet. Cutting the MAF pipe consumed the majority of my time cause I had to do it manually cause I have no power tools othere than a drill.
My small review. First up the AEM intake. It went in very easy. Fitment was mostly on par except for the a rubber thing that is suppose to seal the hole around where the MAF housing enters into the box. This was a complete pain in the ASS. I finally gave up and figured it cant be that big of a deal. It looks really clean. I left the battery unplugged throughtout the entire installation to reset the ECU. I took it out on the road after all was installed. The first few hard runs to 75 down the turnpike were a little choppy and I was getting worried, but I knew the ECU needed time to learn. I drove over all about 20 miles just getting on and off the highway so I could accelerate pretty hard. After about the 4th acceleration something clicked and the car really started to go. It is the first time I have actually felt a difference in the car after I installed something. I have no doubt in my mind the car was hitting harder above 4k rpm. I would definitely recommend an intake like AEMs. I let the car sit for 10min at idle and no issue and there is definitely a performance gain.

Now for the Nisei LICP/Inlet review. As I have learned fitment was great with no issues what so ever. Finish was also really good. I did call Kevin @ Nisei during the install and he gave me some tips on how to make things go easier. All was provided that you need to install. The BOV is relocated so you cant see it when you open the hood. I personally like the look cause it looks less cluttered, but i know some like to see the big shinny BOV. Im sure some will have a difference of opinion on this. My only complaint and suggestion if you get this set up is go buy some longer zip ties the ones they provided are tiny and would not fit around any 2 hoses. Im going to buy some tommorrow.

Feel Free to pick out how crappy some of my install is. It the first time Ive really done it myself. I usually just pay to have it done lol. I do wish My Perrin FMIC would have been here. Now I have to take the front clip off again which is a pain without some ramp or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
dcasandman
Forum Addict

Pics Of Install

Nisei LICP

Here is the new location of the BOV

Open Top of AEM Intake

Finished Products

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
xtremeboost
Forum Lackey

All my Mods are listed in the link

xtremeboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
antics22
The How-To Guy

Looks great! Glad you got everything installed. Matte black is super stealthy.
antics22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
proracer718
Just Spooling Up

Looks good, more and more that I see the AEM intake, I think I might lean towards getting it.

proracer718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
JoeyMR
Just Spooling Up

very nice, i just installed the same setup. waiting to get my uicp back from kevin, it got a little damaged during shipping. What did you ziptie that breather filter to? i kinda have it dangling, but i haven't driven the car lol. . . . also you should have asked kevin to cut the maf pipe for you, he cut mine

| Tomei | AEM | Volk | Tein | Voltex |
JoeyMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #7
xbox4414
High Mileage X-phile

So where exactly is the BOV relocated to now? Other than knowing where the BOV it looks clean. VERY clean. I may go the AEM and Nisei route now....

2008 Graphite Gray Evo X GSR - RIP 12/21/10
xbox4414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
fatalwishes

Wow that looks totally stock. Will any cone filter work in that AEM box?

Also, do you have a tune yet? Or are you still running on the factory reflash?
fatalwishes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
joey
Dr. Evo?

looks good

Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
boostsaves
Forum Lackey

Looks nice

X MR
: Ssp-Ams-Iveytune-Xtremeboost-Speed Circuit-Swift-Rexpeed-Apr-Touge-Ray's Engineering-Yokohama-Deatschwerks-Walbro-Forced Performance-Kelford-Ralliart-Aem-Project kics-Rally Armor-HKS-Test & Service-Steedspeed-Tial
boostsaves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement