AYC / ACD System Explained SERVICE and BLEED Alternative - Page 22 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > S-AWC System
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

S-AWC System For discussion of the S-AWC system and it's components including (but not limited to) driveshafts, differentials, programming, etc.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #211
Jabo

Normal, that's how it should be.
Jabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #212
Sterbo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
Normal, that's how it should be.
But how come ever as soon as it goes in, it enters the oil and then always stands firmly back flat in the trunk?
Should not she stay in the pump? And go out when you turn off the car?

Then how did the oil come out of the tank? Air in the circuit?
Sterbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #213
Jabo

When you turn the car on the pump pressurises the accumulator using the fluid in the reservoir so the level drops. When you turn the car off the system slowly depressurise and fluid returns to the accumulator to put it simply. Air is compressible so it will increase volume at the cost of pressure.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #214
Sterbo
n00b

Maybe I did not explain it well.
I go down the level as soon as I turn it on, but back up in the trunk at MAX level when the car is still on ...
Sterbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #215
Jabo

That should not be happening...
Old 08-05-2017, 01:35 AM   #216
adam-ny
Just Spooling Up

About to replace my ayc pump is there a PDF or write up on the bleed procedure ??
adam-ny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #217
Cheshire Cynic

Just posting to thank everyone here who contributed with helpful info and bump for other noobs like myself who bought used Evos and need to know how to fix things! So much good info here!
Cheshire Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #218
errari-22
n00b

Hey did you ever find out if the snapon tool worked for you on the Acd bleed ? I’m changing my clutch and loosened up the sp3 line going to the t case ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-X View Post
OK, so my transfer box is out and I lost the fluid out of that system, will I be OK just to bleed the ACD or will I now have some air in the AYC?
And the latest version of Evoscan will do both?
PS, does anyone use the Snapon Scantool to do this as I have one, haven't hooked it up yet to see as the battery is disconnected until I finish my gearbox rebuild!
errari-22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement