Need advise for turbo and setup - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
Acema
n00b

Need advise for turbo and setup

Hi All,

I have a 2009 Evo X gsr manual currently hitting only 292whp on a dynapack.
Have been to 2 different reputation tuners but both unable to push out more power (Reflash). I believe that it is not a tuner issue as they are both reputable.

I feel that even with a stock turbo, my car should be able to make more power.

Have done countless compression test, head gasket leak test and boost leak test and found no issue at all.
No error codes etc. The drive is fine, it is just that the power seems little for a Evo X.
Just wonder if there are any issue with my setup?

My target is just at 350-400whp for DD.

Engine
Manley Turbo Tuff Pro Series I Beam connect rod
Manley Piston 86mm, 9:0:1
Manley main bearing w/ thrust
Manley 30090 2.2L rod bearing
ARP main stud kit
Kelford 214B cams

Turbo
Stock Turbo

Exhaust
MAP Cast manifold
Megan 02 housing
Greddy downpipe
HKS Hi Power exhaust

Intake
HKS Kansai Airbox
HKS suction Kit
ARC Intercooler
HKS intercooler piping
GFB BOV

Others
Mishimoto Rad
Stock injectors
Grimmspeed 3 port boost solenoid
Exedy Single series clutch

Do help to recommend a turbo suitable for my setup or advise if there are any issues.
Thanks!

Last edited by Acema; 04-11-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Acema is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #2
Fabro
n00b

That seems low is that an MR? My MR with less mods with a 3port, drop in filter, greddy exhaust and ets upper ic and test pipe made 315 on dyno jet. With a mhi 18k and supporting mods I’m at 392whp on dynojet with stock block and stock tranny. Do you have current relays and spark plugs before tune?
Fabro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Splattj

How much boost are you running with your 292hp tune?
Are you on 91 or 93 octane?
Are you running the stock cat?
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
Acema
n00b

It is a 2009 evo x gsr 5 spd manual. Peak boost on aem boost gauge showing at 26psi. All fuel relay have been changed and spark plugs have been changed to new. Regular servicing are all done regularly. Using 98 octane fuel and dw65 fuel pump.
Acema is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
Splattj

Yeah, I would expect more power too based on your setup. If it's not the tune, I would next suspect an exhaust or even intake restriction.
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #6
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Check for a boost leak. What boost pressure are you running

I barely make it to approx 330, and that is with intake catback, pipes, and a FMIC. "100% WGDC" 28 ish peak PSI

You're still on stock injectors, those will be a limiting factor. 330-360 is about the max you can get out of the stock turbo on 93 until you really start to push it. Those are dynojet numbers.

What is your elevation? I was tuned somewhere around 700 ft above Sea Level, if you are in a higher altitude area that will definitely effect your results.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
MR. EVO MR
Just Spooling Up

If your interested in a turbo upgrade I have one of the best ones.
I’m selling a brand new ball bearing fpgreen still sealed in original package for $1949 picked up or $2049 shipped!
I bought it brand new from Sean at IVEY Tune
My loss is your gain!!!
Old 04-18-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
cerealkeller
n00b

Were all your dyno runs on the same dyno? It could just be a low reading dyno. Try a different dyno.
If you're losing power exhaust leak or boost leak are the most likely

you want to make 400HP, I recommend the CBRD RBX twin scroll EFR 7163 kit. With your cams it will spool very early and make excellent power all through the rev range and probably exceed 400 HP, at least on CBRDs Mustang Dyno.
Or a Full Race kit. I don't like their intake though.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM   #9
ripnbst
Forum Lackey

My car made 440whp to the tire on a FP Black turbo on 93 oct pump gas with factory internals but full bolt-ons. Your issue could honestly be that HKS exhaust. HKS exhausts are not tru 3" all the way through, they neck down at the connections making them more restrictive. I'd go FP Red on the turbo and don't look back if those are your goals. You have a built motor which means you can run E85 and push way past your modest goal of 400 when you're feeling froggy with the FP red. The car will also be extremely responsive.
438whp/363wtq on Cobb's dyno
ripnbst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 05:11 AM   #10
Evox10ww
n00b

That does seem low for what you have done. Was at 385whp and 350wtq done by RRE, shout out to them. Stock engine, just ID1050 injectors and 3 port, fuel pump and k&n intake and e85. Im running stock exhaust so your exhaust shouldnt be a problem unless theres a major leak. Hope you find the problem.
Evox10ww is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement