Best clutch for power and for Daily - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 04-11-2019, 11:26 PM   #11
Bigred89

Im currently running the Spec stage 3+ clutch and love it. still holds strong after 75,000 miles of hard driving
Bigred89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 03:45 AM   #12
Ghost
n00b

I'll second the ACT street disc, it's pretty close to stock in traffic. I'm probably making a little less hp/tq than you though.

ACT ME3-HDSS
ACT Streetlite flywheel
AMS CMC Evo 8/9 upgrade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 05:22 AM   #13
cerealkeller
n00b

I have an Exedy stage 2 HD, I’m pushing 530 HP/400 TQ on Mustang dyno and it’s holding up pretty good. It’s a bit heavy, takes some getting used to. But it’s been great so far. However, like the one guy said, if you do a lot of city driving it can be frustrating in heavy traffic. I live in the sticks, so typically it doesn’t bother me.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #14
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuche831 View Post
People are all over the place on comp clutches on how good kr bas they are. I would personally recommend the ACT HDSS. Drives just as easy as stock and pedal pressure isnt bad at all. It also comes with the monoloc so no tob pop out issues. Dont forget to upgrade your CMC with any clutch you go with though as last thing you want is to get stranded with a busted CMC.
Another vote for the ACT ME3-HDSS. Feels almost exactly like stock, and is supposedly rated to the tune of 500 tq or close to it.

Regardless, its arguably hands down the best clutch for a stock block car.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #15
mikelbring

ACT HDSS is the best stock block clutch imo.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 04:01 AM   #16
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

Another vote for the ACT HDSS street clutch. I've that with the ACT street lyte flywheel installed as my replacement clutch over the OEM that worn out. In the 8K miles on it now, It's broken in and drives pretty damn good.
LagunaBlueAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #17
TSX101

I'll be sure to look into getting a ACT HDSS when my OE clutch goes. I had a bully stage 3 clutch on my lightly modified subaru legacy gt and it was a chore getting the car moving from a standstill.
The factory clutch on these cars gets a lot of hate and I dont see why. Its perfectly adequate on my lightly modded evo.
TSX101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 01:18 AM   #18
ripnbst
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX101 View Post
The factory clutch on these cars gets a lot of hate and I dont see why. Its perfectly adequate on my lightly modded evo.
On your lightly modded Evo maybe. This guy is on a big turbo setup.

The ACT HDSS gets lots of love and rightfully so, its a great choice for a single plate clutch. If you're a big baller the Exedy twin disc is probably the best for what you want but it's substantially more money. The twin disc does also have the side effect of chatter when disengaged. Whether that is cool or an annoyance is up to your taste.
438whp/363wtq on Cobb's dyno
ripnbst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #19
solo_element
n00b

+1 For ACT HDSS with Streetlyte flywheel grab combo. I'm coming from the Comp Clutch stage 3 which was a huge let down, only ran it for 18k miles as a DD, never launched and the TOB sheared off the wedge collar from Comp.
solo_element is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2019, 01:39 AM   #20
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
On your lightly modded Evo maybe. This guy is on a big turbo setup.

The ACT HDSS gets lots of love and rightfully so, its a great choice for a single plate clutch. If you're a big baller the Exedy twin disc is probably the best for what you want but it's substantially more money. The twin disc does also have the side effect of chatter when disengaged. Whether that is cool or an annoyance is up to your taste.
It doesn't matter what turbo he is on if he is still on the stock block.

The HDSS is rated to somewhere around 520 TQ, stock block isn't usually tuned for more than ~400.

If he was on a built block, I would recommend a twin for a weekend warrior. Daily driver I would still go HDSS or HDG6 (6 puck sprung single)
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement