Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

New parts in after lengthy downtime....

5K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  iceman5 
#1 · (Edited)
So after my car being down for 6 weeks after a slipping clutch, accident and parts purchased and waiting for....I finally got my car back and although not 100% done it's great to have back in at least "better" shape.

Parts in and installed custom JIC FLT-TAR setup, DC Sports single exhaust exhaust, Exedy Stg 1 clutch and ETS LICP.

To come....3M DI-NOC CF roof overlay, C West front bumper and canards, Rexpeed O2/Downpipe, xMR oil catch can, ProSport Boost and Oil Press gauges.

I know very few if any have seen or used the DC sports exhaust and man I love it. It's LOUD! Painted it black to not stick out but I'll get pics and videos later.

But man the handling is NIGHT AND DAY between springs and quality coilovers like JIC! I love it. I just need to get it aligned so it doesn't walk to the right.

-Ray

#5 ·
LOL, the best part is I lost my job December 31st, on min wage again right now...but due to past shop sponsorships and working for them...this is essentially free. I already paid for the clutch and JIC back in October, so it's nice to get these gifts right now at no cost....I'm happy for the first time in a long time.
-Ray

#8 ·
Yup...I know, I hope seeing this people use them a bit more as DC is a good company, nice products...it's really the only single exit exhaust I like...except Artisan...

Niiiice! I like the exhaust. Had a couple of DC Sports items on two cars ago.

Sound clips if/when you can... :)
Thank ya I know the guys at DC Sports, when I worked at a Bay Area shop I went to visit them in LA...nice guys, awesome products and the day I saw the prototype a year a go I knew that was the exhaust for me....I just waited and waited. The dual is quiet but loud at WOT... This....the single....it's just mean!

I'll defiantly be making a video but haven't had time to...

#10 ·
Rear bumper was removed for some repairs. A 08 STi backed into me....just scratches but the STi crushed his alluminum fender. Haha. My evo kicked its ass in that fight. So they were removed for repairs. Gonna get resprayed next Saturday. I belive the bumper must be removed for them to come out.

#12 ·
no melting of the bumper yet?

#16 ·
Only have had the car back with the exhaust 3 days now. Alignment is off till shocks and springs settle so no long or hard drives. I'll let you all know after a track day, lol!

LOL with the subaru
The exhaust look pretty cool
Best part was this was at a Subaru dealer, the sales man was driving and his client was in the passanger seat. Haha crunchy moment.

get a clip of it
For sure! When I get time I am.

#15 ·
Congrats!

#18 · (Edited)
Not sure how I should respond to this...Not sure if you are being sarcastic and a hater or not... But if you get a set up coilovers after you install it tell me there isn't a difference in how your shit responds. Btw not running the stock jic spring....swift coilover springs are on them....

#20 ·
I didn't get to measure the ID....but I'm pretty sure it's a full 3" however I don't know about the dual at all. Looking at my system it doesn't seem to have a bottle neck at the test pipe flange. So gonna say it's 3 all the way thru.

BTW here are some pics of the JIC's:

And the 3M Di-NOC CF vinyl roof overlay:

#26 ·
I really like that exhaust in black. I like you have noticed more and more DC parts coming out for the X. Hell Looking on there site they have a Down pipe w/dump tube and a Exhaust manifold. It would be nice to see some more reviews and pictures of other products

#28 ·
No...car is still gone. Since January 21st I have had the car a total of 7 days! I had it a single day last week before I found a mistake the shop made. They removed and installed the headlight wrong, so now there is moisture in it and it fried the components inside and now the shield won't move nor will the main bulb, HID, fire up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.