Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

New Transmission for MR

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  OGMogie 
#1 ·
So yeah, today I picked up my 08 MR with a brand new transmission in it. :) I have been having bad jerking/stuttering problems of late and ended up taking it to the dealership. They checked it out last week and decided the trans was going bye bye. Also, turns out that the noise problem I was having 5 months ago in the video below was also cause of the trans clutch rattling.

So, yup Im a happy camper again. Car feels like brand new.

#3 ·
So yeah, today I picked up my 08 MR with a brand new transmission in it. :) I have been having bad jerking/stuttering problems of late and ended up taking it to the dealership. They checked it out last week and decided the trans was going bye bye. Also, turns out that the noise problem I was having 5 months ago in the video below was also cause of the trans clutch rattling.

So, yup Im a happy camper again. Car feels like brand new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wis25p2YPXo
are you fully stock.new wheels/dropped springs. i just wonder how they deal you about warranty, did they asked if your modded, others says if you have an aftermarket wheels that is heavier that stock they will deny your warranty.

#4 ·
Nah man, I was almost fully stock other than a drop in HKS filter. And yes, they asked me if the trans fluid was replaced by aftermarket crap and they also took the car for about 2 hours to run some diagnostics. I bet they were checking to see if the car was tuned or not.

#6 ·
not to thread jack and go ot but for as long as i remember when i make a hard left turn i get a ticking noise from what seems to be the right wheel well which increases as i increase in speed. For the longest time i wanted to get it checked out but dont wanna remove all my mods just to find out they claim its " a loose end link" or some shit like that. I remember theyre was a thread on here like 5 monthes ago where someone had the same problem and got the diff replaced. Should i worry about this? lol sorry again for the ot but this thread reminded me off my annoying issue. Any one else experience this?

#17 ·
was jerkyness/stuttering when moving from standstill or whilst driving? what other symptoms other than the noise? i think mine sounds a little like that but can't hear it from inside
if you cant hear from the inside youre probably fine. my evo sounds similar to that too, except about 100x quieter lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.