Is My Evo X Dead? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #11
ugakirk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
iTrader: (0)
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 52
Maybe it's been a while and you don't think its anything engine wise it could be like this?

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51406
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 PM   #12
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
How long has it been since it ran?
Must be over six months now
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 04:13 AM   #13
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
Maybe it's been a while and you don't think its anything engine wise it could be like this?

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51406
Reeding through this now, thanks!
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
ugakirk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
iTrader: (0)
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 52
The only problem with the car now is there is no idea of what has been done. So Mitsu replaced the ECU? If the car has extensive mods, it probably has bigger injectors and a stock MAP won't mix with that. So now there is really no idea of what all needs to be done. It needs a new tune for the mods, but no one knows the mods. It could potentially have an issue with the motor. Does it get fuel or anything? There isn't some kind of security system installed right?

Unfortunately, there so many variables, I think the only option is for the tuner to open everything up, see what injectors the car has, what cams, etc.. figure out what the issue is and the try to get it going. But it's not cheap unfortunately. It would help alot if you could find the original owner or shop.
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #15
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
The only problem with the car now is there is no idea of what has been done. So Mitsu replaced the ECU? If the car has extensive mods, it probably has bigger injectors and a stock MAP won't mix with that. So now there is really no idea of what all needs to be done. It needs a new tune for the mods, but no one knows the mods. It could potentially have an issue with the motor. Does it get fuel or anything? There isn't some kind of security system installed right?

Unfortunately, there so many variables, I think the only option is for the tuner to open everything up, see what injectors the car has, what cams, etc.. figure out what the issue is and the try to get it going. But it's not cheap unfortunately. It would help alot if you could find the original owner or shop.
Agreed. I had tried extensively to find the previous owner/s and shop/s with no luck. I don't think it has after market security. It would definitely a tune, but I believe it should start on the factory ecu and run with the mods. At the minute it can't even be started.
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #16
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Got her back today. Will have a little investigation, but will aim to have her sold within the next few weeks *sigh
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #17
ugakirk
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
iTrader: (0)
Location: Martinez, GA
Posts: 52
That sucks.

But the car may very well have bigger injectors, cams, boost controller, etc.. Even without knowing any other mods, just with those, the car won't start and if it did, run terribly since it's not tuned for them anymore. Mitsubishi replacing the ECU and flashing to stock really did not help your chances of getting it running.
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #18
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
That sucks.

But the car may very well have bigger injectors, cams, boost controller, etc.. Even without knowing any other mods, just with those, the car won't start and if it did, run terribly since it's not tuned for them anymore. Mitsubishi replacing the ECU and flashing to stock really did not help your chances of getting it running.
As Mitsu couldn't start it they put back in the old ECU, but no idea what state thats in. If I could get it started then it could go straight for a tune, but without getting it started and not knowing the problems I don't want to drop the kind of money I'd be looking at on it to rebuild the engine.
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
GaijinEvoX
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
iTrader: (0)
Location: Japan
Posts: 11
Here it is if any of you are interested

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x633388112
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #20
MR. EVO MR
Just Spooling Up
 
MR. EVO MR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 163
A heavy modded EVO with a stock ai and stock bov?
your EVO isn’t heavy modded!!
All these mistakes your making bringing it to the wrong places, poor JDM EVO!!
I suspect something simple!
__________________
[

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; 08-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.
MR. EVO MR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Gates311 Evo X Gates311 Automotive For Sale 1 04-28-2019 06:17 PM
Evo X Oil Drain Line Part Number adi105 Evo X Turbo 0 03-02-2019 12:55 AM
2013 Evo X Arashi locked by Swiss tuner Dowser Evo X Tuning 4 02-10-2019 11:39 AM
Evo x to evo 8 diff swap jimmy_teeee Evo X Performance 1 01-16-2019 01:50 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.