Is My Evo X Dead? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #11
ugakirk

Maybe it's been a while and you don't think its anything engine wise it could be like this?

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51406
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 PM   #12
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
How long has it been since it ran?
Must be over six months now
GaijinEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 04:13 AM   #13
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Quote:
Maybe it's been a while and you don't think its anything engine wise it could be like this?

https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51406
Reeding through this now, thanks!

Old 06-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
ugakirk

The only problem with the car now is there is no idea of what has been done. So Mitsu replaced the ECU? If the car has extensive mods, it probably has bigger injectors and a stock MAP won't mix with that. So now there is really no idea of what all needs to be done. It needs a new tune for the mods, but no one knows the mods. It could potentially have an issue with the motor. Does it get fuel or anything? There isn't some kind of security system installed right?

Unfortunately, there so many variables, I think the only option is for the tuner to open everything up, see what injectors the car has, what cams, etc.. figure out what the issue is and the try to get it going. But it's not cheap unfortunately. It would help alot if you could find the original owner or shop.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #15
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Quote:
The only problem with the car now is there is no idea of what has been done. So Mitsu replaced the ECU? If the car has extensive mods, it probably has bigger injectors and a stock MAP won't mix with that. So now there is really no idea of what all needs to be done. It needs a new tune for the mods, but no one knows the mods. It could potentially have an issue with the motor. Does it get fuel or anything? There isn't some kind of security system installed right?

Unfortunately, there so many variables, I think the only option is for the tuner to open everything up, see what injectors the car has, what cams, etc.. figure out what the issue is and the try to get it going. But it's not cheap unfortunately. It would help alot if you could find the original owner or shop.
Agreed. I had tried extensively to find the previous owner/s and shop/s with no luck. I don't think it has after market security. It would definitely a tune, but I believe it should start on the factory ecu and run with the mods. At the minute it can't even be started.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #16
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Got her back today. Will have a little investigation, but will aim to have her sold within the next few weeks *sigh
Old 07-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #17
ugakirk

That sucks.

But the car may very well have bigger injectors, cams, boost controller, etc.. Even without knowing any other mods, just with those, the car won't start and if it did, run terribly since it's not tuned for them anymore. Mitsubishi replacing the ECU and flashing to stock really did not help your chances of getting it running.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #18
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Quote:
That sucks.

But the car may very well have bigger injectors, cams, boost controller, etc.. Even without knowing any other mods, just with those, the car won't start and if it did, run terribly since it's not tuned for them anymore. Mitsubishi replacing the ECU and flashing to stock really did not help your chances of getting it running.
As Mitsu couldn't start it they put back in the old ECU, but no idea what state thats in. If I could get it started then it could go straight for a tune, but without getting it started and not knowing the problems I don't want to drop the kind of money I'd be looking at on it to rebuild the engine.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
GaijinEvoX
n00b

Here it is if any of you are interested

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x633388112
Old 08-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #20
MR. EVO MR
Just Spooling Up

A heavy modded EVO with a stock ai and stock bov?
your EVO isn’t heavy modded!!
All these mistakes your making bringing it to the wrong places, poor JDM EVO!!
I suspect something simple!

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; 08-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.
MR. EVO MR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement