Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Aftermarket head unit

21K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BluEvo 
#1 ·
Curious as to what everyone is rocking in terms of aftermarket head units besides the android one? I'm in the market, and I would prefer one that has apple car play. Also, how does it sit compared to OEM? (is it flush, etc)

#4 ·
I have a Pioneer AVIC series unit with Apple Carplay and it is very nice upgrade over OEM. The Scosche double din kit looks pretty good but it doesnt have the silver trim above the radio. The only thing I miss are the vehicle specific settings and maintenance tracking that the OEM RF unit does.

#5 ·
Appreciate you sharing back with us. Ugh. Very frustrating. Especially with the hard-drive built in that I cannot simply run CarPlay. The touch interface is likely a HUGE issue though. Wish good ole Mitsubishi actually did packages. This is something even Ford got right. :nerd:

#10 ·
Is it possible to change the unit in the MR to an android etc? Can't find any answer on this. I have the rockford system and nav, and that doesn't seem to be a problem. BUT, what I'm wondering is, how is it going to be with all the settings that I can acces via the original head unit? There's settings for DRL, locking, anit theft, wipers and lots of other rhings. Can I access this from an orher unit somehow, or is it impossible to change? Haven't found anyone who has change it in an MR, thankfull for answers ?

#11 ·
10.2" SYGAV android unit installed in mine. easy install. touch screen works great. audio sounds better in my opinion. has alot of add ons and options like back up cam etc.
steering wheel/bluetooth controls all work. i dont think it has apple car play tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.