Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Monthly Contest Voting

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dags 
#1 ·
I know it's a lot of work for you guys to manage this thing so I totally get if this isn't doable but how about removing the member names from the entries in the voting thread, disabling comments in that thread, and hiding the submission thread once the vote goes up? This would remove most of the bias in the voting (people could still see which is theirs and beg others to vote for them but that is explicitly stated to be against the rules).

I still think the best way is to have the contest sponsor pick the winners but if you leave it at voting I think the finalists need to be as anonymous as possible.

#2 ·
I used to run a weekly Photoshop contest on a different forum, I had the people PM me their entries and then I would post them without any names so there would be no bias. Maybe that could work here?

#3 ·
This is a topic of discussion amongst the mods. I'll make sure this option is brought up. Thanks for being proactive, gentlemen. We really do appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.