Clutch for DD? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > 5-Speed Manual (W5M6A)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Speed Manual (W5M6A) Post all 5MT topics here.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
ddreiner
n00b

Clutch for DD?

I know there are plenty of post about this but couldn't find what I'm looking for, I need some long term reviews. I got my 2015 gsr back last summer with 9,000 miles on it. The clutch always felt off to me but it worked fine. Now at 16,000 it has started slipping pretty bad. I don't think it's my driving, since I had my last manual for 2 years and never had trouble with the clutch, but a couple of bad launches probably didn't help much. I'm looking for some reviews from people that have had their clutch for awhile now. I've been looking at the competition stage 2 due to its price but open to other options. Car is stock and won't see much past a few boltons. Thanks
ddreiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Digsonly22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddreiner View Post
I know there are plenty of post about this but couldn't find what I'm looking for, I need some long term reviews. I got my 2015 gsr back last summer with 9,000 miles on it. The clutch always felt off to me but it worked fine. Now at 16,000 it has started slipping pretty bad. I don't think it's my driving, since I had my last manual for 2 years and never had trouble with the clutch, but a couple of bad launches probably didn't help much. I'm looking for some reviews from people that have had their clutch for awhile now. I've been looking at the competition stage 2 due to its price but open to other options. Car is stock and won't see much past a few boltons. Thanks
CC Stage 3 is pretty popular, also Exedy HD is basically the stock one.
Digsonly22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
pbasil1
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digsonly22 View Post
CC Stage 3 is pretty popular, also Exedy HD is basically the stock one.
The exedy organic (stage 1) is essentially the stock clutch.
The "stage 2" with HD pressure plate is equal to the act and comp stage 3/4.
RICKERMAN TUNED
-=ONE Performance=-
pbasil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
Madman Quinn
n00b

I have been looking as well and found South bend. Does anyone have any experience with their clutches?
Madman Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Havoc
n00b

I was using the Comp Clutch stage 2 and CC lite flywheel combo and it lasted me around 55k miles before it started slipping in 5th gear. Really great for a DD clutch and only a very slightly heavier feel than the stock clutch, but you get used to it real quick that it really feels like stock.

Did a few clutch launches on it and some spirited driving, but for the most part, was very much DD cruising since my wife also drives the Evo. This was also when I still had my clutch pill in (should have taken it out a long time ago... maybe could have lasted the clutch longer). This is also driving around those SF hills once in a while... those steep hills can burn clutches like crazy.

I'm only on bolt-ons right now and only making around 315whp and 315tq so they do last a long time (considering how fast some Evo clutches die out).
Old 06-26-2019, 01:44 AM   #6
fyr3

CC Stage 2 as well. I didnt want anything crazy.
fyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 01:44 AM   #7
fyr3

then again it is funny to see people complain about a heavy clutch when they attempt to drive her
Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 AM   #8
fyr3

with the exception when its my wife who just barely knows how to drive stick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement