Looking to make more power but where to start? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 04-04-2019, 05:19 AM   #1
AlxGarcia
n00b

Looking to make more power but where to start?

I bought my Evo X in September of 2018 and looking to make more power into it. I learned a couple things but I’m still new to it. I will have roughly $4,000 to $4,500 budget to get it as far as I can. I was looking to see what y’all recommend? I’ve already added a cold air intake and previous owner put on a bov. I’d appreciate all the help I can get bros
AlxGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxGarcia View Post
I bought my Evo X in September of 2018 and looking to make more power into it. I learned a couple things but Im still new to it. I will have roughly $4,000 to $4,500 budget to get it as far as I can. I was looking to see what yall recommend? Ive already added a cold air intake and previous owner put on a bov. Id appreciate all the help I can get bros
You could probably go as far as full bolt ons, an ATP turbo kit, and tuning with that budget man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 11:05 PM   #3
AlxGarcia
n00b

Appreciate it, I’ll do some research on it
AlxGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:56 PM   #4
chuche831

I would recommend you look into just getting a full exhaust and a electronic boost controller. On 91 that should net you around 340ish whp, little more on 93. If budget still allows do injectors, fuel pump and go e85 for 400ish whp.
chuche831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #5
MR. EVO MR
Just Spooling Up

For each mod that changes the airflow you need to get tuned or risk HUGE problems!
Always better off doing everything at once.

You have a few options.
Buy all the Bolton’s, install them and drive like a grandma without boosting to a reputable tuner. Or do a remote tune? Or
Drop off your car and let the tuner do everything.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:01 AM   #6
blaze2682

Do you have a tune? Find a good tuner first and get a tune. Get a wideband and boost gauge. Find out what type of software the tuner supports. Cobb AP is decent for minor bolt-ons. If you ever plan on going past bolt-ons later you are better off with Open Source. It all depends on your goals not that those goals won't change over time but, try to set a realistic goal within your budget. Save up extra funds cause things can come up. Good luck with your build.
blaze2682 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 02:07 AM   #7
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxGarcia View Post
I bought my Evo X in September of 2018 and looking to make more power into it. I learned a couple things but Im still new to it. I will have roughly $4,000 to $4,500 budget to get it as far as I can. I was looking to see what yall recommend? Ive already added a cold air intake and previous owner put on a bov. Id appreciate all the help I can get bros
4500, if spent carefully, could yield a FBO+MHI 18k+E85 & tune.

There are some things you can leave out if you so choose. An intake at that power level isn't a necessity. A drop in filter like the cosworth would be more than fine for what you want.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 01:15 AM   #8
bigtimlikewhoa
n00b

You can never go wrong with a full turbo back bolt ons, wideband, boost gauge, and a tune.
bigtimlikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2019, 03:31 AM   #9
Strider327

Search the used market unless you really want new for everything.

Intake, Downpipe, Exhaust Manifold, 3 port boost solenoid, Injectors, Pump, Flex Fuel Kit, AFR/Boost gauge and tune.
Strider327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #10
mikelbring

I made this list awhile back for people asking me where to start to make 500+:

Semi Budget 500-600whp evo x (On E85)
- TPC Turbo R Spec or G Spec or GT Spec $1600-$1700
- MAP Cast Manifold $500
- WTF 500 WHP (E85) Fuel System $1275
- WTF Flex Fuel Sensor $400 *optional for flex
- MAP 3” Intake $275 (or 3.5” for over 520whp)
- Depo Racing Downpipe $190
- Depo Racing Test Pipe $100
- Depo Racing 3.5” Intercooler $250
- Depo Racing UICP $150
- Any cheap Cat Back $200-500
- EBCS $100
- Wideband $200
- Crushed OEM BPV (Or Tial QRJ)
- DF or Radium Catch Can $300
- Tune $300-500

Approx $5000-6000
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message