New Zealand and Australian Members post a hello here. :) - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Regional Forums > International > Oceania
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #21
sinktheboat
Just Spooling Up

might be the black GSR thats been sitting in Simon Lucus Mitsi for the last few months waiting for a new hm, the one i thought about buying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EVO X GSR SST

Last edited by sinktheboat; 09-12-2008 at 01:18 AM.
sinktheboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 AM   #22
on2it
Dr. Evo?

btw. I dynoed at Torque performance the other day and spoke to Robin (the owner).
They havent got any EvoX mods planned because they need hard numbers and more than one to start doing their R&D.. unfortunatley because of this and due to other options being too expensive, Im going to the source and getting wrcdevelopments in Napier to sort me out with a few mods.. incidently they are the only ones I know of that are researching SST mods and some of their results have been posted on that other Evolution forum. SST FQ330

cant wait! I'm hoping for 225kw+ at the wheels after they are done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 03:49 AM   #23
sinktheboat
Just Spooling Up

Sounds like WRCD are the best option here. What did you pull on the TP dyno

EVO X GSR SST

Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Not too impressed. They also dynoed it in Gravel mode. Didn't find out till I was driving out of the parking lot.
Great new facilities though. (NZ, Auckland Torque Performance)
  • Tested in 3rd gear, ASC turned off.
  • Peaked at 229.71 WHP ( nice plateau of power 4500rpm to 7500rpm )
  • 23.1 psi peak tapering off to 11.6psi
  • Air Temp, R.H 15celsius, 59%
  • Air Pressure 1020mb
  • Nm was off the charts (not sure if that was the correct reading)
  • AFR started at 13 dropped steadly to 10.5
Time to start modding.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
Old 09-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #25
DUNDEE
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinktheboat View Post
WHAT ISSUES?

Haven't seen or heard any, I've done the best part of 10k on mine no drama's at all. Well one drama, i can't keep the mrs out of my car, she uses half a tank of gas whenever she drives it too!

There are a few beople on here worry about every little noise, half of which is the little back fires in the exhaust.

The issues were listed in the Transmission section of the forums. I am glad to hear you havent had any

Ordering in Dec 08 or Jan 09
DUNDEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #26
sinktheboat
Just Spooling Up

The only problems I’ve seen on there is paranoia about a few of the noises. The 5mt has way more issues on there.
The only slight issue is if you cruise to a near stop in normal auto mode then floor it you can catch it out. Then there is a slight delay while it finds a lower gear on the same side it has, like 3rd to 1st.
But sports and super sports it changes down early so it is less noticeable. In manual there is no issue if you change down like any other manual.
I wouldn’t hesitate buying another’s SST for a daily driver. But if you want to track an SST you really need a bigger oil cooler it sounds like

EVO X GSR SST

Last edited by sinktheboat; 09-15-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #27
DUNDEE
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinktheboat View Post
The only problems Iíve seen on there is paranoia about a few of the noises. The 5mt has way more issues on there.
The only slight issue is if you cruise to a near stop in normal auto mode then floor it you can catch it out. Then there is a slight delay while it finds a lower gear on the same side it has, like 3rd to 1st.
But sports and super sports it changes down early so it is less noticeable. In manual there is no issue if you change down like any other manual.
I wouldnít hesitate buying anotherís SST for a daily driver. But if you want to track an SST you really need a bigger oil cooler it sounds like

Thanks for you comments Sink... I will have Alan Heaphy take a look and mod it when I get it

I do want the SST
Old 09-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #28
on2it
Dr. Evo?

hey apprently there was a recent review that said that the EvoX SST was better than the GTR transmission.. I dont think you'll go wrong... the SST just needs a bit more R&D time in the market.. right now the 5spd Mt has had the headstart thats all.

Alan Heaphys well known in the rally scene.. Do you know if he has had a few evo X's through his door yet? ( I wouldn't be suprised if theyre actually in the middle of prepping an X seeing as the 9's are meant to be phased out shortly).

Installing
To Come
Old 09-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #29
sinktheboat
Just Spooling Up

I was told the Rally guys were all waiting for the race ecu, lots of rally 10s were being built. Sounds like the ecu is out now, i think we should see some beasts in the dirt shortly.

EVO X GSR SST
Old 09-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #30
DUNDEE
Just Spooling Up

Last I heard Alan had the Black Motor Show car to pieces a few times and was waiting on Mitsu to give him 'access' to the ECUs. He was working on that and then the exhaust and I understand he was doing a mod that Mitsu would keep the warrenty intact. Rumour was a 330HP SST and 360HP in the Manual but I dont really know. AUD5,000 for the pipe and reflash

Will make some enquiries and get back to you with where he is at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement