E85 Finally hits the pump in new zealand - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Regional Forums > International > Oceania
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
on2it
Dr. Evo?

E85 Finally hits the pump in new zealand

In the past one of the only ways of getting E85 was from a distributor like alcotane, now finally a service station (just one ) sells E85 at the pump!!!!

Its available @ Melville gull .. Hamilton.. sigh... cant wait till some more Gull service stations pick it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
DUNDEE
Just Spooling Up

Then you got to watch theblend.. tthe quality of pump E85 is VERY unrelaible for tuned cars over here.. We go to a control fuel specailist and get a motor sport blend in jerry cans for saftey .. but it's a step
DUNDEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
razorlab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNDEE View Post
Then you got to watch theblend.. tthe quality of pump E85 is VERY unrelaible for tuned cars over here.. We go to a control fuel specailist and get a motor sport blend in jerry cans for saftey .. but it's a step
It depends on location for sure.

Here in Northern California, the E85 blend is spot on E82-E85 all year round.

I've been using it for over 2 years now 24/7 in two cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNDEE View Post
10-4 on that, will be interesting if it takes off, one would hope that the more gas stations pick this up the better the blend will be.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
Beeble
Forum Lackey

This is finally starting to get rolled out fairly well in Victoria, AU.
made the switch last week. Impressed!
fortunately i have a servo 5mins from my house now

We have two "brands" at the pump. one mob, Caltex, is usually E70. the other mob, United, consistently is E85 it sounds like.

Beeble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Stark Industries
aka DolEvoX

you guys know if your ethanol is corn or sugarcane based? Im assuming corn?

Stark Industries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Beeble
Forum Lackey

Aussie ethanol is definitely sugar based.
I would assume NZ gets their stuff from us?

We have a massive sugar cane industry in north eastern Australia , and the leftovers once the sugar is extracted (molasses i think) is what they use for ethanol production.
Quite different to corn being used as the primary product that can either go into a digestive system, or into a fuel tank

Old 01-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
Beeble
Forum Lackey

^^ are you guys losing your subsidy on ethanol soon? i remember reading that somewhere.
Our E85 is nearing the price for our 91 pisstane (which is like 87 on your scale).
They pretty much rolled it out, and jacked up the price by 20%.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Stark Industries
aka DolEvoX

I am salivating over here for a comparo between cane ethanol vs corn ethanol using a boosted control for test subject. I hear so much about how cane is such a better product but have no proof on a f/i vehicle.

Stark Industries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Beeble
Forum Lackey

really?
i would have thought ethanol is ethanol. and I'll bet the other 15% you guys mix in with it is better than what we use anyways.

do you have any links/info re: corn Vs sugar by any chance? very interested in this..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement