Motor physically will not turn over... - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Engine (4B11T)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Engine (4B11T) Discussion for engine systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
Jkapinos
X-phile

can't you see through the inspection hole, if the throw out bearing is working and the clutch is releasing? what I did when I released my throw out bearing, was to loosen the bolts to the trans about 1/8 inch and back the trans out that 1/8 inch. That helped me to see how to release the
throw out bearing. Maybe this would help to see that all is well with the clutch install.
Jkapinos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #22
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

This is so sad. Now you'll have to build your motor and you're gonna end up with a low and lousy 600 HP motor. Sad indeed.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
HKPRO5
Just Spooling Up

Man, hope everything works out. Keep us updated.
HKPRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #24
Sequence
[Local Team Member]
aka pimplay2

subscribed for results... thats just bad luck
Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
irmerm
Forum Lackey

Did someone wedge a tool between the flyewheel and block maybe?
K&N Drop-In Filter
CBRDSpeedFactory UICP
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
irmerm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen3 View Post
Dunno, but if the trans/clutch install is botched, then this would explain things.
Trans was separated from the motor, same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkapinos View Post
can't you see through the inspection hole, if the throw out bearing is working and the clutch is releasing? what I did when I released my throw out bearing, was to loosen the bolts to the trans about 1/8 inch and back the trans out that 1/8 inch. That helped me to see how to release the
throw out bearing. Maybe this would help to see that all is well with the clutch install.
Not attached at the moment, we thought the same thing when they put everything together for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAss View Post
This is so sad. Now you'll have to build your motor and you're gonna end up with a low and lousy 600 HP motor. Sad indeed.
I'm not sure about this... Yeah, I would love to... But I DID NOT do this to my motor, it was in a running condition when it arrived at that shop. So I'm not sure how I feel about spending more money on it when its not my fault, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPRO5 View Post
Man, hope everything works out. Keep us updated.
Thanks man, will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimplay2 View Post
subscribed for results... thats just bad luck
Yeah, typical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Sponsor:

Stock? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #27
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmerm View Post
Did someone wedge a tool between the flyewheel and block maybe?
I would hope they would look and make sure that there is no obstruction to the flywheel. lol But I would be happy if this was the problem.

Official Sponsor:

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
Carruthers
Just Spooling Up

Sub'd.

I wouldn't put anything down my cylinders to "free" it up either.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #29
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

^^Did I mention that your signature is disturbing to me?

Official Sponsor:

Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #30
sxng9
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock? View Post
Car was outside. Motor was inside shop with all holes plugged up.
Did any hump the motor while plugging all the hole up?
sxng9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement