Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

what is the block on the bottom of the intercooler?

4K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  Eyler_Evo_X 
#1 ·
id take a pic, but its dark, the ams intercooler i swapped with didnt have the block, whatever it is. its pretty heavy and black held in place with 4 bolts on that little subframe that holds up the intercooler.

#2 ·
crash bar?

#6 ·
ok thanks, wheres the one by the driveline? this heavy pig definitely needs to lose weight. and congrats golden

#11 ·
yes, would it be worth putting back on, the bolt for the intercooler closest to the driver would hold it ok i guess

#14 ·
but what about the dampener on the driveline, where is it?

#21 ·
U have the stock intercooler right? The black beam that holds up the intercooler has 4 small bolts directly towrds the ground, take them out and weight will slide out. You can't directly see it

#23 ·
well then maybe the 2010s dont have it, its good for nothing so maybe mitsu realized they could save a lot by no longer putting a useless piece of crap on

#25 ·
ok thanks, i guess ill pull that off this weekend when i fix my ebrake

#32 ·
LOL in that pic is that an O2 going into the frame?
haha looks like it. my guess is they were working on the car and hung it there to keep it out of the way.

#33 ·
that front thing is kinda heavy. i wonder if i saved anything weight(not real important) by taking that thing out and putting on the AMS intercooler instead of the stock one.

#35 ·
i tried to pull out that other weight by the cat, but the downpipe has to be out for those bolts to come out. guess ill wait til i put in a bigger 02 housing/dp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.