Rickerman Tuning: reliable and powerful tuning - Page 41 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > E-Tuning Services
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

E-Tuning Services A place for our Approved Merchants and E-Tuners to start threads and discuss services. Please do not post results in this section.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #401
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Hey everyone, thank you for your patience during my move. It is mostly done, so now I am just catching up on all the emails

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP mlomker

chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #402
10WWXSE
n00b

Not props for tuning but thanks for helping me with the tephra acd bleed program, while you were moving. Stand up guy.
10WWXSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #403
moladin
Just Spooling Up

This is a review for Chetrickerman E-tuning service + rant. This will be long as I want to give you my history up to this point. If you don't want to read the rest, then just know that Chet has given me a tune that I am very happy with and it is worth more than what he charges twice over.

To start, I got this car in 2013. I drove it for a year before I decided to mod+tune. I came from BMW 335XI (5 years owner), and always feel that EVOX is lacking in power compare to the 335. But the fun factor goes to EVOX, 335 feels clunky by comparison.

I went to a shop in MD that was recommended by someone that works in the same facility. It was a simple mod and tune at first (Intake, Synapse DV, Intercooler, UICP, ETS Exhaust, tune). Once I got the car back from the shop I already noticed some scratches on the new parts that were installed, not a good first impression, but OK. The tune was an improvement over stock, but not my much. So what's the problem?

The guy at the shop said it may be due to weak valve springs, and that was why it was not making power like it was supposed to. I say "OK", how much will it cost to replace the valve springs (upgrade)? The answer was $800, I said "Great, that's not too bad, might as well install the CAM at the same time". I didn't realize the $800 wasn't the total of the labor cost. It came to something along the line of $2300 all in all, including a new tune. I was pissed, but OK it was my fault for not getting it in writing to see how it breaks down to that amount. So Lesson learned.

Before I drove home, I checked the intake installed (changed from ETS to AMS), and mentioned to the guy "hey, it doesn't look right". He assured me that it was...well OK what the hell did I know? Come to find out later that the heat-shield was missing a bolt, believe it or not the guy use self threaded screws on MAF sensor that screwed to the AMS aluminum mount (Self treaded screws on aluminum! What the....) (I found this out a year later when I decided to change to Sakura Intake).

A few weeks later, I constantly find vacuum leaks, because nothing was being zip tied. 6 months later I lost the bolt that connect between ETS CAT and ETS mid pipe while driving, because it wasn't tighten properly. It sure scared the hell out of me on the way home. Next problem, my A/C somehow lost all refrigerant. Didn't find out why until I stop by Mitsubishi dealer, thinking this is a warranty work. Apparently when the guy at the shop did the install he forgot to bolt the Alternator properly to the engine and it was rubbing against the A/C line. The serpentine belt was obviously running loosely. I was lucky that the whole thing didn't come apart.

Some may ask why I didn't confront the shop and try to get all these fixed. The simple answer? I never ever want the guy to work on my car again...EVER! If you want to know the name of the shop, you can PM me and ask. I do not want to mentioned it here, since some people may swear by this shop, and the last thing I want is to create a debate here.

After all that fixes, the car still drove like crap for the whole year and I always thought because I had the GSC S2 (most aggressive CAM) installed. At that point I was about to get rid of the car and get something more drive-able, but I wanted to give it another chance thinking maybe a different tune will help, since it might be because it was tuned based on a thousand different mechanical problems. Of course I don't want to go back to the same shop to get it tune, so I start looking elsewhere. My first choice was to drive to CBRD to get it look over and a new tune.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to drive down there anytime soon, so I started looking for E-Tuning service. I noticed Chet seems to be the only one active at the time (Fortunately!!), so I start reading 30+ pages of his post before I decided to contact him for a tune.

Suffice to say, his first base-map is like a god send, I can actually drive the car without going crazy like the car was about to stall on first and second gear between 1.5k-2.5k RPM or tap the gas and no power. In which it was making me feel like a damn noob driving manual. I actually drove with Chet's base-map for awhile before I can send him some logs.

After the 3rd or 4th Map, I thought it was done as I was quite happy with how things have turn out. I can't even tell that the car drive any differently compare to stock with the GSC S2 CAM installed (Driving in the city or highway). Chet then surprised me and told me "now let's start tuning for power". I was like WTF, it's not done? OK, so now I'm on my 9th tune now and it just getting better each time. I can tell that he cares very much for the tunes he gave out and it's not done until he feels it has been perfected.

Chet is a man of a few words, but his work speaks for itself. If anyone is hesitant, then don't be! I'll be very surprise if anyone that got his tune is unhappy.

Thank you for reading, I just wanted to vent + to show what I had gone through up to this point and Chet just made my day!
moladin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 02:05 AM   #404
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Thank you for the thorough review. I cant tell you how happy it makes me when someone tells me they were about to sell the car, and my tune made them want to keep it.

RIP mlomker

Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #405
MBEvoX

I have been tuned by Chet also. I have a 2013 Evo X GSR with basic bolt-ons from my sig below. I have 2 other etunes done in my car and they gave me issues. The latest was I'm getting a blinking CEL at WOT. So I decided I will need a reliable tune from a very reliable tuner. So after reading through the forum I found Chet. He is a very good tuner who knows his stuff. Very easy to work with and always sends new map next day you sent him a log. I couldn't be any happier how my car is running now with the new found reliable power. I will for sure go back for another tune for a bigger turbo and upgraded fuel system next summer.

So if you are looking for a very good, safe, and reliable etune, you don't have to look elsewhere.

Thanks Chet!!
Paul
Varis Ultimate Fenders
Varis 09 SS
Varis Ultimate Rear
Varis Ultimate CF Diffuser
FA 500
Volk TE37RT Black Edition

Rickerman eTuned (550whp @ 94 oct)

Last edited by MBEvoX; 10-20-2015 at 11:06 PM.
MBEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 PM   #406
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Thank you for the kind words!

RIP mlomker

Old 11-06-2015, 02:55 AM   #407
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Hey guys, I still E-Tune. If you have any questions or need a tune, feel free to shoot me a message.

RIP mlomker

Old 12-24-2015, 06:02 AM   #408
afnan740

Anyone heard from Chet? it's been a week since i sent him a log, 3 follow up emails and have not heard back from him yet.

If there was something he should have posted here to inform like he did with his move.
afnan740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #409
Dross99_si
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnan740 View Post
Anyone heard from Chet? it's been a week since i sent him a log, 3 follow up emails and have not heard back from him yet.

If there was something he should have posted here to inform like he did with his move.
Hopefully everything is ok.
Dross99_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #410
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

My Tuning computer is down.I have an appointment today with apple to hopefully get it fixed.

Sorry for the delay

RIP mlomker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement