Wheel Offset FAQ - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes General discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
xMR
[Mini Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLK View Post
No the 9.0 +35 clearance would be -3mm compared to stock so that is dangerously close to scraping the calipers. If you are set on the RPF1's I would either get the 18x8.5 +30, or the 19x8.5 +22 with the latter looking a bit better and you can run 255/35R19's to close the wheel gap (assuming you are not dropped).
The 18x9.5 +15 option would look mexi-flush unless you had a lot of negative camber, dropped, big tires and rolled fendors.
Sweet, thanks a bunch! I will be getting coilovers sometime this month. So the 18x8.5 +30 with some stock size 245/40 tires would be the best all around and look good, correct? Or would you recommend the 18x9.5 +15, and if so with what size tires?

I am also thinking about just keeping my stock rims, getting some new tires and some 15 or 20mm spacers to make the stance a little wider. Would it look good and be safe to run spacers with a drop on coilovers on the stock MR rims?
xMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
FLK
Forum Lackey

^It's up to you to decide not that you're better informed but yes 18x8.5 +30 with stock A13's works but arguably wouldn't look as good as 19x8.5 +22. IMO RPF1's look much better on 19's, and the 19" size has a more desirable offset, so that's what I would personally choose. Too bad the 18" has so limited offsets and widths to choose. If I were you, i'd skip on the coilovers or springs and get the 19's for the proper fit and finish.

I would not go with 18x9.5 +15, that just looks messed up without pulling the fenders and getting dropped, and you definitely don't want to run stock tires on top of that, looks . More harm running that on the streets than good.

You could go with 10mm spacers if you ended up with the RPF1 18x8.5 +30, or stay with stock wheels and get 15mm's. More info on spacers in the other FAQ.
FLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #23
xMR
[Mini Merchant]

Quote:
^It's up to you to decide not that you're better informed but yes 18x8.5 +30 with stock A13's works but arguably wouldn't look as good as 19x8.5 +22. IMO RPF1's look much better on 19's, and the 19" size has a more desirable offset, so that's what I would personally choose. Too bad the 18" has so limited offsets and widths to choose. If I were you, i'd skip on the coilovers or springs and get the 19's for the proper fit and finish.

I would not go with 18x9.5 +15, that just looks messed up without pulling the fenders and getting dropped, and you definitely don't want to run stock tires on top of that, looks . More harm running that on the streets than good.

You could go with 10mm spacers if you ended up with the RPF1 18x8.5 +30, or stay with stock wheels and get 15mm's. More info on spacers in the other FAQ.
I am not better informed, this will be my first wheel/tire mod to either of the Evos I have owned. So I appreciate the advise.

One thing I am pretty certain of is that I don't want to run 19s. I want to stick with 18s to save weight. I am more concerned about performance than looks. I don't want to have to roll fenders or run spacers if I don't have to even when I get my coilovers. So even though it won't look the best I think 18x8.5 +30 with 245/40 tires will be the most functional. Won't +30 look a little more concaved than the stock +38 stock wheels.

Thanks again!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
FLK
Forum Lackey

Ah okay, that's good not too many these days go for the function over form! The 18x8.5 +30 looks rather convex, here are a couple pics of this size: 8 GTS
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
xMR
[Mini Merchant]

Quote:
Ah okay, that's good not too many these days go for the function over form! The 18x8.5 +30 looks rather convex, here are a couple pics of this size: 8 GTS
Alright, I take back my previous desire for function over form (at least as far as the 18x8.5 +30 RPF1s are concerned). Those look like complete ass; I am going to stick with the stock BBS with some new Star Specs for now and re think my wheel plans. Again, thanks for the help!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #26
Wests
Just Spooling Up

I'm sorry, but you're recommending some pretty weak fitments.

My concern is that people will buy wheels based on your recommendations and be disappointed by the way they look once fitted on the car.

Maybe people should post a picture of the look they want to achieve and subsequently be told how to achieve it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Steve, and I hate your car.
Wests is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #27
FLK
Forum Lackey

^All the fitments I recommend are more aggressive than stock. It now depends on the wheel or personal taste how "nice" it looks. Some wheels at 8.5" have the same face (concavity) as it's 10.5" counterpart. But I can also sympathize with you because a lot of popular wheels like CE28n or RPF1's look best at 10" width or more.

If someone is set on running a super wide low offset and asked me about fitment I would give them my best estimates; however I would point them to this FAQ first so they are well-informed of all possible disadvantages before doing so.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #28
chuynh207

I'll be running 18x10.5+22 on 275/35/18 Volk TE37s down the road. They look nice as I've seen them before, and I saw in a magazine that it works well on the track. The guy that was running that set up got 1st place, and I'm sure it was more than just the wheels/tires.
chuynh207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #29
raytrix
Forum Lackey

I'm thinking of running a set of the new Advan RS-D 18x10 +25 on 265/35/R18. I believe with just enough negative chamber probably -2 to -2.5 on the rear I can get away without rolling rear fenders.
raytrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #30
gmazloom

I was told to get 18"x10.5 with 30mm wheels for my EVO MR
what you guys think about that??
gmazloom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement