Overboost AP Stg 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
JDCZEvo
X-phile

Overboost AP Stg 2

Hey guys,

So i was wondering why my Evo X now overboosts running the standard Cobb Stage 2 +HKSPF v1.04 map. Up until today i was hitting consistent 25 psi but now im hitting 27 psi.

On the way home i decided to load up the LWG version of the Stage 2 +HKSPF map and now im hitting 21 or 20.8 according to the AP.

What was changed to this map by Cobb to cause this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Im just kind of perplexed as to why Cobb would release a map that overboosts...

could it be that i do not have a turboback but rather just a catback?

any input appreciated

Modifications

Ralliart Tail Lights, Rally Armour Mud Flaps, 20/30% F/R Tint, JDM RS Fog Light Delete, Magnaflow Dual Catback, K&N PF, Muellerized JIC, Matte Black Enkei RPF1 18x9.5+15, Custom A-Pillar Pod, Prosport Boost+Oil Temp, TWM Short Shifter + Base Bushings
JDCZEvo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

These cars aren't tuned to any specific PSI, they are tuned for calculated load which can very depending on the variables. Cobb has made LWG maps for these occasions, they have a lower wastegate duty cycle to prevent the higher psi overshoots. Is the one you loaded a LWG map?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Golden
[Gearhead]

He said, "On the way home i decided to load up the LWG version of the Stage 2 +HKSPF map". So I would say yes.

My car spiked at 28 lbs with their Stage 2 map. I've since installed a 3 port and tuned it out. I'm at 25 lbs to 5.5k RPM and then a taper to 20 lbs at 7k. (stock turbo)

FP Red - E-85 - Golden Tuned
Need a Definition for the X?

PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
JDCZEvo
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
These cars aren't tuned to any specific PSI, they are tuned for calculated load which can very depending on the variables. Cobb has made LWG maps for these occasions, they have a lower wastegate duty cycle to prevent the higher psi overshoots. Is the one you loaded a LWG map?
Sorry i was a little unclear. I loaded the non LWG map first and thats when i hit 27psi, 3 out of 3 3rd gear pulls.

When i loaded the LWG map i hit 21 psi, on 3 out of 3 3rd gear pulls.

Its interesting that my car would pull more load than others with a similar set-up. The conditions were probably ideal too, 73 degrees out, flat road, only myself in the car. Could the increased backpressure due to me not having a test pipe cause a load increase or rather be that variable that heightens the load?

Modifications

Ralliart Tail Lights, Rally Armour Mud Flaps, 20/30% F/R Tint, JDM RS Fog Light Delete, Magnaflow Dual Catback, K&N PF, Muellerized JIC, Matte Black Enkei RPF1 18x9.5+15, Custom A-Pillar Pod, Prosport Boost+Oil Temp, TWM Short Shifter + Base Bushings
Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
8WOOD
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCZEvo View Post
Sorry i was a little unclear. I loaded the non LWG map first and thats when i hit 27psi, 3 out of 3 3rd gear pulls.

When i loaded the LWG map i hit 21 psi, on 3 out of 3 3rd gear pulls.

Its interesting that my car would pull more load than others with a similar set-up. The conditions were probably ideal too, 73 degrees out, flat road, only myself in the car. Could the increased backpressure due to me not having a test pipe cause a load increase or rather be that variable that heightens the load?
What do you tapper to? I'm running the same thing and always hit 27 psi with pill in or out.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WOOD View Post
What do you tapper to? I'm running the same thing and always hit 27 psi with pill in or out.
Its because you have a boost lean in your system somewhere while his is sealed.

hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
JDCZEvo
X-phile

I did not see what my taper was when boosting to 27 psi but i was tapering to 16-17 when i would hit 21 psi with the lwg map.

Modifications

Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
kmart888
Just Spooling Up

I'm a little confused, how does one determine overboost? the taget boost table is in load not actual PSI? I'm boosting 24-26 on Stage 1 and Stage 2 (non LWG) maps, is this ok? How much is too much?

Paul

2002 Sebring Silver Honda S2000, HKS exhaust, AEM intake, 105K and still going strong!

1994 Laguna Blue 94' Mega Miata - 347" SB Ford, full manual AOD, 3.27:1 T-bird 7.5" IRS, FC Bilsteins, Edelbrock RPM II, Bennett Cam, AFR 185's, 75 shot, etc.
kmart888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement