P1235 and P0137 Help! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
The Rockstar
X-phile

P1235 and P0137 Help!

I just installed the new external dump downpipe from xtremeboost and now I am throwing those 2 codes. Also installed a cat delete with the cel fix. Whenever we get into boost in 3rd gear, it spikes 20psi and the service engine light comes on. Everytime its these 2 codes.

p0137- low voltage 02 sensor

p1235- air flow reading (or soemthing like that) .. this comes up twice.

any ideas?

all vaccum lines are tight, no leakes, factory intake with filter bolted on ( not leaking)

MBC also added.

help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
[email protected]
[Approved Merchant]

Sounds like the sensor may not be getting enough of a reading off the test pipe with that CEL fix.

Your also moving alot more airflow so the target values in the ECU are being exceeded causing it to throw the p1235.
Seb@Specialty-X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
DaemonSadi
[Tom Cruise lookalike]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rockstar View Post
I just installed the new external dump downpipe from xtremeboost and now I am throwing those 2 codes. Also installed a cat delete with the cel fix. Whenever we get into boost in 3rd gear, it spikes 20psi and the service engine light comes on. Everytime its these 2 codes.

p0137- low voltage 02 sensor

p1235- air flow reading (or soemthing like that) .. this comes up twice.

any ideas?

all vaccum lines are tight, no leakes, factory intake with filter bolted on ( not leaking)

MBC also added.

help!
Hmmm, since you have an MBC I must ask... does this happen at WOT or half throttle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DaemonSadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
The Rockstar
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSadi View Post
Hmmm, since you have an MBC I must ask... does this happen at WOT or half throttle?
This happened with the stock boost controller so we added the MBC and boost gauge to tweak the boost. It hits 20 psi then tapers down to 18-19 psi and still throws the code. We changed out the MAF sensor thinking we had a faulty one but it still did the samething.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
The Rockstar
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSadi View Post
Happens on WOT 2nd-3rd gear.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
The Rockstar
X-phile

Any other ideas?

Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
gunzo
[Gearhead]

137 is because of the external dump ..

1235 is because of the MBC ..
You've been warned.
Sent with GalaxyTab 10.1 I/O
gunzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
The Rockstar
X-phile

I've taken off the MBC and hooked the stock boost controller back up. I was thinking about getting the Cobb AP, will that fix these problems?

Last edited by The Rockstar; 02-17-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #9
greggp
n00b

The P1235 Error is a Mass Airflow error. It is caused by an overboost. The car will enter into Limp mode if you get this error and the boost levels continue. Typically it starts to cut fuel supply to the car. I found this out this past weekend at Homestead at a Track event. I have a Vishnu Tuned Evo X that is putting out almost 400hp to the flywheel.

From what I understand, you need someone to change your torque ratio/boost control on your ECU to prevent this or tune down how much boost you are getting... I believe ECUtek has figured out a bypass for this...
greggp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM   #10
The Rockstar
X-phile

Sweet, I just ordered the Cobb AP, so I hope this will help this problem out when I take it up to a shop to get it tuned.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement