eTuning services and sales; what some businesses would like to say but can't - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > E-Tuning Services
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

E-Tuning Services A place for our Approved Merchants and E-Tuners to start threads and discuss services. Please do not post results in this section.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Exclamation eTuning services and sales; what some businesses would like to say but can't

First off I would like to point out I am a hobbiest that offers a limited service of my personal knowledge because when this platform started it wasn't widely offered by businesses. This is not my profession, nor would I quit my current career path to make it so. Secondly over the past year any profits I have made from my tuning services have been donated to charities for cancer and childhood diseases. I do this because I get to help others and contribute back to those less fortunate while doing something I love and am passionate about. This type of boutique style service allows me to be more selective with my clientele as well as charge more for more for my services because I normally take on the customers who do not speak english as a first language and can not get assistance from professional shops due to their country of origin.

Now to further paint a little better picture and as some of you that have been on here for sometime I have always offered up my experiences and information in regards to parts and tuning on here. I did this enough to where the site owner had dubbed me the first site "Gearhead" or technical authority. I carried this designation until I was offered the chance of becoming the first offical site eTuner designation. In both of these roles I have answered thousands of PM's from site members and do not get paid for 99% of the questions I answer or problem solving I do. I do these things to help the platform and people in the community who DO NOT have the knowledge.

Now with that being said recently I have stopped answering some PM's that have very basic questions that have been asked on the forums hundreds of times and can be found in the most common threads that are pinned as "Sticky" at the top of their respective topic labels. I simply just don't have enough time to go through each PM and point you in the direction you need to go, simple google searches will answer the vast majority of these. Apparently there are some people who are angered by my lack of response and have sent threatening PM's and well as emails to me due to the lack of attention they have received.

My simplistic and refined response to this is eloquently put as "Bye Felisha" some of you already know what this means but for the others I shall break it down. When you are at a party and someone turns to you and says "Oh look Felisha has left your reply might be "Who's Felisha?" (EXACTLY) don't know who she was and don't care "Bye Felisha"

So to get to my main point and back to what the title of the thread is about. When you "PAY" for a service or a product you should expect to obtain what you paid for. However if you have not paid for something and in some cases do not expect to pay for something then you are not a customer. By definition you do not receive "customer service" without being a customer, its a basic principle. Along with this there is a limit to customer service and getting more than what you paid for. I shall list some examples to further illustrate what I mean.

Example #1) You purchase an eTune for XXX of dollars, it takes the tuner a couple of hours to structure your base map and a set of instructions as to logging, driving, and flashing. Your tuner may send you links and give you some coaching in this area to ensure the safety of your car and modifications. This process from here should just be a handful of emails back and forth with minor tweaks before completion and maybe some basic trouble shooting. What the base price does not cover is hours of phone time, emails, and trouble shooting because your car has mechanical issues. It is not the responsibility of your tuner to walk you through every single test and possibility as to why your equipment is not functioning properly. If they do so and stick with you throughout the process without charging additional funds for their time they are going above and beyond just to help you.

I personally have had several angry customers who are certain that their issues are completely tune based that I have stuck with when I should have charged more or simply concluded my services. However I stuck by my people and in nearly every case "FOUND" the issues. Everything from improperly made intakes, clogged CAT's, exhaust leaks, boost and vacuum leaks, blown turbos, improper installs, etc. A good tuner will not tune around these issues just to finish, but some will choose to ignore them and / or just simply complete the tune and move on leaving the issue in place. This is one of those you get what you pay for situations when the complete failure comes full circle.

Example #2) When a "potential" customer contacts an eTuner and / or retailer with a respective parts list of what you want and what your goals are asking for advice. It takes time for people to look it all over part by part pulling prices and seeing what parts you actually need vs what you can live without to reach your goals. Doing this with no intention of using them is extremely disrespectful. I can understand shopping prices but some do this just to try and extort lower prices from other vendors and it is noticed since most vendors talk. In addition when you purchase an eTune and / or parts from someone it does not mean you should message that business every question you have in regards to what they think about the direction you want to go with your car. Don't get me wrong I know its good to talk to people and get them in the right direction but the other vendors know what I mean, people if allowed will send a question about every decision that pertains to their car down to how they should drive.

I'm sure later I will think of more to add and some of my fellow tuners might send me more example to add but for now this is the jist of it. Again I can say these things because I truly don't give a flying fuck what an angry entitled forum member might want to write about my customer service just as I don't worry about Felisha. My fellow friends in the business who have to remain professional at all times wish they could say some of these things but must refrain to keep from being the bad guy. However I'm Hollywood and on this day no fucks shall be given

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

Also I would like to point out some of us have started BLACK LIST of people we do not wish provide goods or services to.
People and businesses need to protect themselves from even getting into situations and this is one tool we are starting to use to identify those situations.

Last edited by hollywood_X; 03-01-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

*reserved 2*

Old 03-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
taylorsherk
X-phile

Well put. I bet it can get frustrating

Thanks for all your contributions to the community

TUNED BY CHET RICKERMAN on 91 octane
Installed: Perrin CB, UR mini muffler Test pipe, UICP, 3.5" FMIC, 3port, Harmon Motive Intake
Weds Sports SA-55M

Waiting: FP Red, MAP Long Runner, FIC900cc

Last edited by taylorsherk; 03-01-2014 at 11:01 PM.
taylorsherk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #5
BakaUnchi
Forum Lackey

In
BakaUnchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
GSXRiderK6
Forum Lackey

I love you JG!
GSXRiderK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

I bet I know at least one of the people that are black listed, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
Example #2) When a "potential" customer contacts an eTuner and / or retailer with a respective parts list of what you want and what your goals are asking for advice. It takes time for people to look it all over part by part pulling prices and seeing what parts you actually need vs what you can live without to reach your goals. Doing this with no intention of using them is extremely disrespectful. I can understand shopping prices but some do this just to try and extort lower prices from other vendors and it is noticed since most vendors talk. In addition when you purchase an eTune and / or parts from someone it does not mean you should message that business every question you have in regards to what they think about the direction you want to go with your car. Don't get me wrong I know its good to talk to people and get them in the right direction but the other vendors know what I mean, people if allowed will send a question about every decision that pertains to their car down to how they should drive.
Could not agree more.

RIP mlomker

Last edited by chetrickerman; 03-01-2014 at 11:25 PM.
chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

To highlight the straw that broke the camel's back this is the email chain that set me off, now keep in mind this person is not my customer and I had not even quoted him I simply told him in one I sent that I would get back to him with a quote. Just after I sent him that I learned my mother was going in for surgery due to some potentially cancerous nodules they found on her thyroid so I CHOSE not to take on any new clients so I had not responded to several of the PM's and emails I had received.

Quote:
Hi Justin,

I'm from Montreal, referred by a friend from Montreal called ***** *****, who has got his evo x tuned by you. I have an 2012 evo x gsr, my bolt ons are:

ams dp
Ams hfc
Ets quite v2 cbe
Ets uicp & licp
Aem intake
Aem widebande O2
Aem boost gauge
Greemspeed ebcs
Snapse bov
Cobb Ap v3
The rest is stock

I would like a cobb pro-tune for 94 oct, my goal is around 340 whp & wtq safe tuning keeping my car as a DD, not interested for track or drag racing.
I would like to know as well whats gonna be AFR at WOT and pick boost for that setting, and how $$$ does it cost.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!
At this point I returned the emails saying I would get back to him, this is what I got after not replying for a few days.

Quote:
I wish you to be very very busy, but be correct and respectful to your clients, don't forget hollywood that your making money with them. I sent u 3 mails, after 3-4 days u promised me reply and now hole week is gone and you simply ignored me, this is really so cheep man, you better say that your busy for now or anything, but shut up in this way sorry to say u but it is not respectful and is cheep !
I replied that I did not understand and got this;

Quote:
What do you not understand???I sent u 3 emails with all bolt ons,told u that i need to e-tune my evo x, you promised me to answer within a day, now is a week gone and still didn't hear from you. If u are busy and not able to do it, by polite and say it, but not ignore keeping silent.
any way even if you are a good tuner, i'm not going to do it with you any more, u seems to be very proud of you, i read a lot bad and disappointing reviews about you, need someone who is available and who has a pleasure to answer to my questions asap, like Mitch from Cobb!
I'm gonna write my experience withe you in evolution.net, as it is happened.
Good luck, hope you'll not loose your reputation...
At no point did I quote, or take funds I simply did not reply to this person. At this point I am glad I did not take them on for a tune because I can see now what a disaster that would have been. NO ONE will ever demand my attention or tell me what I NEED to be doing.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #9
Natek
Forum Lackey

What a dick!!!
FP Red BB, MAP Ported Ex Manifold, AMS Downpipe, Perrin CBE, Depo Testpipe, AMS Intake, Depo FMIC, Depo LICP, ETS UICP, Grimmspeed EBC, Synapse Dv, TWM Shifter & Cage, Blaqops Walbro 255, FIC 1100's, MAP Fpr, DSG Gauge Pod, H&R Springs, Work Kiwami 18x9.5 +20, Michelin PSS 265/35/18, Rickerman Tuned!!
Natek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #10
HAHAV8
Forum Lackey

Wow, what a DOUCHE BAG.

Probably some idiot teenager, that is not how you handle a situation.
HAHAV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement