eTuning services and sales; what some businesses would like to say but can't - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > E-Tuning Services
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

E-Tuning Services A place for our Approved Merchants and E-Tuners to start threads and discuss services. Please do not post results in this section.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 AM   #11
GSXRiderK6
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
To highlight the straw that broke the camel's back this is the email chain that set me off, now keep in mind this person is not my customer and I had not even quoted him I simply told him in one I sent that I would get back to him with a quote. Just after I sent him that I learned my mother was going in for surgery due to some potentially cancerous nodules they found on her thyroid so I CHOSE not to take on any new clients so I had not responded to several of the PM's and emails I had received.

At this point I returned the emails saying I would get back to him, this is what I got after not replying for a few days.

I replied that I did not understand and got this;

At no point did I quote, or take funds I simply did not reply to this person. At this point I am glad I did not take them on for a tune because I can see now what a disaster that would have been. NO ONE will ever demand my attention or tell me what I NEED to be doing.
He is obviously of the FRENCH-Canadian...you can just tell.
GSXRiderK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 03:01 AM   #12
doom26464
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRiderK6 View Post
He is obviously of the FRENCH-Canadian...you can just tell.
only thing good in Montreal is poutine and the strippers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 SRT-4
doom26464 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #13
X-se
Just Spooling Up

Hey Justin sucks that there are fucks like this who really don't get it. I always hope these guys get the hard way through life just because they attempt to shit on people whiteout regard.

Hope your mom checks as clear and all is well! Thoughts are with you and your mom.

BakaUnchi tuned
X-se is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #14
Yxd68
Forum Addict

My first piece of advice to help ALL small businesses succeed:

1. Fire your ten worst customers. The few that suck the life out of you and provide very little financial gain. Then with your new-found free time, go get better customers and improve your business.

Repeat #1 at least once every year.
Yxd68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #15
Rik84
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post

1. Fire your ten worst customers. The few that suck the life out of you and provide very little financial gain. Then with your new-found free time, go get better customers and improve your business.

That's great advice. I'm in the process of eliminating one of my larger clients who just monopolizes my time for his gain. I can't wait to take the 3-4 hours a day I spend dealing with his crap to find new clients.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Rik84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
morricus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post

Unfortunately, our tuner friends are in the relatively unique position that a lot their time is devoted to people that AREN'T customers, but behave as though they are. This fucktard from Montreal hadn't paid Mr. Hollywood a dime yet was going to badmouth him on a forum as though he had. He cannot fire or even ignore these idiots. This is why I ignore virtually all posts devoted to giving negative feedback regarding a vendor or tuner. 95% are horseshit. Only in situations of gross negligence do I see those types of threads warranted.

I've bothered every tuner on this thread at one point or another and am grateful for all the time and advice I've received from them. May each of you live to be a thousand.
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
Mariel
Just Spooling Up

accidentally double post.

Last edited by Mariel; 03-02-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Mariel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
Mariel
Just Spooling Up

I wanted to leave a great appreciation for Hollywood helping me figure out a issue with my car. He took the time to help me out even though he did NOT tune my car. Maybe my issue could help someone out in the future as well. Hollywood and this problem helped me learn more about my car.

Long story short, back in November before my car went into SEMA, I noticed that the idle on my car was basically terrible. My air to fuel ratios were jumping around hitting 13s to 17s even full lean sometimes, and the RPMs were also not stable either.

I PM'd Hollywood in a long detailed message if he could help me figure out my cars problem. He told me it could probably be the blow off valve being loose or open at idle and he was right. I got a new turbosmart dual port blow off valve with a different spring than it originally came with and it FIXED my problem. My idle is back to normal. On top of that I had to get my cars tune adjusted again because it was holding more boost. I went from 386/361 to 400/358, stock turbo on E85. My old synapse dv was leaking somehow which later I found out why and is now fixed.

Thank you and appreciate the help once again Hollywood

Last edited by Mariel; 03-02-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Mariel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #19
Roman
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_X View Post
To highlight the straw that broke the camel's back this is the email chain that set me off, now keep in mind this person is not my customer and I had not even quoted him I simply told him in one I sent that I would get back to him with a quote. Just after I sent him that I learned my mother was going in for surgery due to some potentially cancerous nodules they found on her thyroid so I CHOSE not to take on any new clients so I had not responded to several of the PM's and emails I had received.

At this point I returned the emails saying I would get back to him, this is what I got after not replying for a few days.

I replied that I did not understand and got this;

At no point did I quote, or take funds I simply did not reply to this person. At this point I am glad I did not take them on for a tune because I can see now what a disaster that would have been. NO ONE will ever demand my attention or tell me what I NEED to be doing.
to be fair hollywood, hes french.. lol, were not all that bad
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #20
E-Spec
X-phile

sub'd
631-392-4400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of 9 &10 sec Xs
Gorilla 9.9
Silver Bullet 10.1
ByebyeSti 10.5
DatTune 10.6
CrazyJoe 10.7 - 93oct
Mitsuwut 10.8 - 93oct
Bjf360 10.9 - 93oct
DarkSun 10.9 - 93oct

2014 Evo vs. Sti Day Heads up Class Winner
2014 Slip Stream Racing Street Class Winner
2013 Evo vs.Sti Day Heads up Class Winner

Facebook:

Instagram:
E-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement