Carbonetic Front 1.5 Way LSD - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > S-AWC System
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

S-AWC System For discussion of the S-AWC system and it's components including (but not limited to) driveshafts, differentials, programming, etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Excalibur
Forum Addict

Question Carbonetic Front 1.5 Way LSD

I was wondering how this would affect the evo x tranny and performance aspecs. I was thinking maybe this would be worth considering as opposed to the pin kit from buschur if there were no cons other than the price. If it is a legit upgrade over stock, and handle more power with improving handling, and not messing anything else up, I would love to get it.
http://www.nyxracing.com/carbonetic-...op6jpphhp83u63
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Rogue
[Global Mod]
‹OO==[][]=ᴹᴲOO›

I had this on my 240sx back in the day when the company was known as something else.... It was damn good and quiet....

Sorry can't tell you much about it on the EVO X.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
PNTYWTR
aka Domo X aka howiewowie

this is how much again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PNTYWTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Rogue
[Global Mod]
‹OO==[][]=ᴹᴲOO›

lazy!!!! $1,757.49
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #5
PNTYWTR
aka Domo X aka howiewowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
lazy!!!! $1,757.49
lol sorry im falling asleep over here!

thx haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PNTYWTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
mlomker
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I was thinking maybe this would be worth considering as opposed to the pin kit from buschur if there were no cons other than the price.
Some ignorant questions...does the Evo have only front & rear diffs? I was under the impression that the 'center' diff that has the pin problems is actually in the tranny case and it just splits power to the front & rear diffs. The rear has the AYC so nobody replaces that.

I saw a how-to for installing a front diff in an older Evo and it sounds like it lives in a transfer case that is accessible separately from the transmission?

|
|
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Excalibur
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
Some ignorant questions...does the Evo have only front & rear diffs? I was under the impression that the 'center' diff that has the pin problems is actually in the tranny case and it just splits power to the front & rear diffs. The rear has the AYC so nobody replaces that.

I saw a how-to for installing a front diff in an older Evo and it sounds like it lives in a transfer case that is accessible separately from the transmission?

I'm not sure. You got any more details?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
mlomker
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'm not sure. You got any more details?
No, which is why I am researching it. Next year's mods for me will be beefing the drive train so that I can launch at 500hp with a reasonable margin of safety.

It'd be convenient if buying a Carbonetics would solve the pin problem since I could find someone locally to install an LSD, but only a couple shops seem to do the pin upgrades (Shep & Buschur).

|
|
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
kelvar13
Forum Addict

^ Can't you buy the pins as a kit and have a shop of your choice put them in?
kelvar13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
Excalibur
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvar13 View Post
^ Can't you buy the pins as a kit and have a shop of your choice put them in?
If you have the diff already out, then yes. You need to have it out to see if they have any damage. If there is damage, there is some machining work that needs to be done and bigger pins used. If there is no damage, the smaller pins "same size as stock" need to be used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement