Climate control color changes - Page 12 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #111
elementalcode
X-phile

Quote:
damn i wanna see this! def post a vid when you get a chance...good work
kinda like a shift light i guess haha

maybe i'll have you do this to my car too...good thing your close to me lol
Yea not gonna lie its shear design luck that this is possible. The needles have 3 leds lighting them up. One at the 12 o clock position one at the 5 position and one at the 7 o clock position. When the back end of the needle goes over the led thats what lights it up. It so happens that the farthest one (in terms of needle going the farthest up) is spot on with the redline

As for being close to me.. well yea thats obviously big plus. Tell you what, one day ill show you the gauges if you take me for a ride in your 31 psi monster
elementalcode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #112
elementalcode
X-phile

Quote:
I love the way my speedo looks so the only thing i would want to change is the Hvac controls. Maybe someone should start chargin to do this
So people who don't have those crazy skills like me, won't ruin the board.
i been doing this for people since the beginning of the thread just shoot me a pm for what you need done
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #113
elementalcode
X-phile

some work i did for my good friend and neighbor with a lancer

painted them ugly lancer orange needles evo white and changed the lcd to blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00160-20100302-2329.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	510.2 KB
ID:	11566  
Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #114
-Evolved Boost-
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalcode View Post
Yea not gonna lie its shear design luck that this is possible. The needles have 3 leds lighting them up. One at the 12 o clock position one at the 5 position and one at the 7 o clock position. When the back end of the needle goes over the led thats what lights it up. It so happens that the farthest one (in terms of needle going the farthest up) is spot on with the redline

As for being close to me.. well yea thats obviously big plus. Tell you what, one day ill show you the gauges if you take me for a ride in your 31 psi monster
haha yea man def...one day we'll meet up and take you for a ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12.61 @ 111mph (345whp 362wtq)

IVEY TUNED

AMS l FP l Exedy l Aquamist l AEM l Artisan l STRI l TWM l Works l Eibach l Hallman l Walbro l DW l Rota l JNZ l Rexpeed l BlackTop Aero

31psi 473whp l 411wtq
-Evolved Boost- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #115
STItoEVOX
Forum Lackey

Subscribed to maybe do the hvac controls in the future. Looks like a fun afternoon project.

...time to put this AF soldering experice to the test on something I care more about than broke ass aircraft.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #116
nystc23
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
some work i did for my good friend and neighbor with a lancer

painted them ugly lancer orange needles evo white and changed the lcd to blue.
hmm, you are in northern NJ? that's probably not too far from me .. If I feel like changing up my lcd, I'll def let you know. I'm not gunna lie, the blue looks pretty cool

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Local Team: Empire Evolution
Sponsored By:

and
RICKERMAN TUNING
nystc23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #117
Frankiago
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandiloro View Post
Do you happen to have the manufacturer name and part number for the LEDs you used? May as well save others the trouble of guessing. There are different specs for 0603 LEDS. Thanks!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandiloro View Post
The ebay auction gives enough information for anyone to order LEDs spec'ed for the climate control knobs:

5v
20mA
0603 package type

Anyone can use this info to pick any color LEDs for a color swap. Just match these specs.
kcandiloro, big problem with those specs... for diodes in general you don't want to reverse bias. For light-emitting diodes (LEDs), forward biasing is what produces the light... the more you reverse bias a diode the closer you get to the breakdown region

The proper voltage you should've had in those specs is 3.2V min and 3.6V max, with 3.4V being what you should aim for. Since elementalcode reverse biased the diodes with only a little over 3V when he was doing his trial and error to determine proper orientation, he didn't reverse bias the diodes (like the eBay auction says, 5V) and didn't come close to the breakdown region which would've either fried the LED or severely shortened its lifespan.

Sooo...

0603 SMD LEDs

20mA

3.4V

Octane Blue is faster than Blue By You
Frankiago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #118
Purie
Just Spooling Up

Wow good work and really good thread.

Waiting to grow a pair to give this a shot.
Purie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #119
EVOsoFRESH
Just Spooling Up

damn i really want to do this...
EVOsoFRESH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #120
Maggot13
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purie View Post
Wow good work and really good thread.

Waiting to grow a pair to give this a shot.
x2 i need to grow some big ones

Tuned At Hb Speed
355/347
Maggot13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement