MarkV1184's 2015 Evo X FE Build - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Build Journals
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Build Journals Build journals specifically for the Evo X. One thread per build. Be sure to read the sticky.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #1
MarkV1184
n00b

MarkV1184's 2015 Evo X FE Build

Just thought I'd finally take the time to document my build and share some thoughts/pictures along the way. The Evo has always been one of my dream cars and I'm now privileged enough to own one.

My previous car was an S2000 that I absolutely loved, but off the track it lacked a lot of comforts and features.

I sold the S2000, and on 07/15/2016 I went out and bought Evo X FE US1298. It was a hard decision, but I landed on Mercury Gray and have been in love with it ever since.

First order of business was to get rid of the random 2015 chrome accent. I ordered a smoked side marker and replaced the accent piece.

Suspension has always been important to me. The Evo will see some track time, but I didn't want to sacrifice the daily comfort of the OEM suspension. I researched a mild spring that mates well with the OEM Bilstein shocks, and managed to find a set of Swift Spec-R springs on craigslist. The price made it a no brainer!

Next order of business was to replace the crappy 2015 Lancer seats. I took to craigslist again and managed to find a really clean pair of 2014 seats. Out the crappy Lancer seats went, and in with the Recaro seats. Thanks to a how-to tutorial on the forum, they went in with no problem.

That's it for now! I'm on the hunt for a set of TE37s, but plan on running the OEM tires down to the wire first. Saturday is a tech day so the springs may be going in then.

Last edited by MarkV1184; 12-19-2016 at 12:27 AM.
MarkV1184 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #2
COBALT-to-EVO
X-phile

Tires shouldnt take long to run down. lol. Looks great. Love the start.

Aside from the suspension, any performance thoughts?
COBALT-to-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 05:09 AM   #3
MarkV1184
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBALT-to-EVO View Post
Tires shouldnt take long to run down. lol. Looks great. Love the start.

Aside from the suspension, any performance thoughts?
Still in the process of mapping it out. Since it's a different beast than my S2000, I'm a bit nervous to try and make power gains for now.

Is there a suggested "road map" of order of mods outside of suspension?

Old 07-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
Cyp
Forum Lackey

Change out that Panasonic battery. Gonna die on you.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
Mortose
Just Spooling Up

Well, as far as power goes, I'd say basic bolt ons and a tune will be the first step imo. A tune is a big deal with these cars. ALOT of power and response can come from a 3 port boost controller, an intake, a race pipe and a proper tune.
CBRD RB-X kit - next on the chopping block

Just over here, killing turbos....
Mortose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 08:04 PM   #6
illariskustvo
[Playstation fanatic]

I recommend getting coil over set up over lowering springs. One of the best mods I made.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives /Ti retainers - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan/cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline swaybars - Brembo 6 piston

2013 Evo X MR - 3 port/uicp
illariskustvo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #7
MarkV1184
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by illariskustvo View Post
I recommend getting coil over set up over lowering springs. One of the best mods I made.

I definitely will after I put some miles on these fresh Bilsteins. I had Ohlin DFVs on my S2000 and loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 01:49 AM   #8
Jeremyyn
Just Spooling Up

the first mod is usually an accessport and intake. a good tune can put out 15+whp
Jeremyyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2016, 02:02 AM   #9
05orangeSS
X-phile

An access port is probably your worst option for tuning and out here a boost controller and tune can pick you up 45-60 hp from stock with literally changing out NONE of the factory parts

STM Ricer: [email protected]
Project RS Street car: [email protected]/ [email protected] race trim
Cessna's Stock Block RS: [email protected]
Shawna's Street Evo: [email protected]
Cory's Stock Motor TSI: [email protected]
Ryan's stock turbo Evo8: [email protected]
Producing the ONLY numbers that matter!
05orangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 PM   #10
MarkV1184
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05orangeSS View Post
An access port is probably your worst option for tuning and out here a boost controller and tune can pick you up 45-60 hp from stock with literally changing out NONE of the factory parts
Thanks for the info. I figured a professional tune would be money better spent than a COBB AP. I used to have a WRX and was never comfortable with a general MAP being flashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement