Rickerman Tuning - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
OctaneBlue
Just Spooling Up

Rickerman Tuning

So me and my buddy finished the install on my MAP EF3 today. With my full mod list as follows :

AMS Front Mount
AMS Upper Intercooler Pipe
AMS Downpipe
AMS Test Pipe
Agency Power Cat Back
Cobb SF Intake
Grimmspeed 3Port
DW1000cc Injectors
DW65c Pump
MAP Short Runner Manifold
MAP EF3 Turbo

So after long contemplating on who I should carry my car to for tuning, I decided to go with the Almighty Chet Rickerman. As he said, after the install of the turbo, mani, injectors, and pump, my car wouldn't crank. Me knowing absolutely nothing about tuning and barely knowing how to get myself to EvoXForums operating a computer, He answers my phone call and talks me through everything step by step on how to and what to log and send to him. I'm sure he was probably face palming plenty with the idiotic and dumb questions I had since I'm so dumb with with tuning and any type of ECU software.

I just thought I'd make this thread so I can post up my results from beginning to end of this journey ahead and review for Chet. So far, so good though. It's just great how you can call or text with any type of question and he there almost any time of the day to help. But tomorrow i'll really start doing some logging once my wideband is soldered in.

Updates will be posted frequently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAP : EF3 Turbo - ShortRunner Manifold - AMS : Front Mount Intercooler - Upper Intercooler Pipe - Downpipe - Test Pipe - Agency Power : - Catback Exhaust - Cobb : SF Intake -Grimmspeed : 3 Port EBCS - DW : 1000cc Injectors - 65c Pump Competiton Clutch : Stage 3 Full Face - Magnus : CMC - AEM : Uego Wideband - Defi : Boost Gauge - PVR Motorsports : Type R CF Lip - Bride : Gias II Low Maxes

459whp / 358wtq
Rickerman Tuned

OctaneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Where in NC are you from?

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
OctaneBlue
Just Spooling Up

Wilson. About 30 min east of Raleigh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAP : EF3 Turbo - ShortRunner Manifold - AMS : Front Mount Intercooler - Upper Intercooler Pipe - Downpipe - Test Pipe - Agency Power : - Catback Exhaust - Cobb : SF Intake -Grimmspeed : 3 Port EBCS - DW : 1000cc Injectors - 65c Pump Competiton Clutch : Stage 3 Full Face - Magnus : CMC - AEM : Uego Wideband - Defi : Boost Gauge - PVR Motorsports : Type R CF Lip - Bride : Gias II Low Maxes

459whp / 358wtq
Rickerman Tuned

Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Boost_Nerd
Just Spooling Up

Nice..I grew up in Fayetteville. Wilsons such a quiet lil town lol. I'll keep checking this thread for updates since i decided to go w/ an EF3 as well. EF2.5 just didnt look like it'd hit my end goal...oh yea OB FTW!
Invidia-MAP-DW65c-GSC

HANDLING
H&R-Perrin-DME-Whiteline-Cusco

LOOKS
19x10.5 +12 SSR SP3
Project Kics-Seibon-Rexpeed
PVR-TMW-Defi-AEM-Coltspeed
Boost_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
MALAXA

Congratulations!

You have a great car.
We studied hardeware solution chosen and I noticed injectors DW 1000, which are actually slightly higher in reality.
DW1000cc Injectors - I have left a bitter taste but hopefully they'll work well for you.
When possible, besides classical dyno chart with power and torque, also please to display AFR.
MALAXA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
ZLAYER
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nerd View Post
Wilsons such a quiet lil town lol.
Not for long! Theres a beast roaming the streets now!

ZLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
OctaneBlue
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAYER View Post
Not for long! Theres a beast roaming the streets now!
Hehehe

459whp / 358wtq
Rickerman Tuned

Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
mindovaanything
Forum Lackey

+10 For Chet, He was very helpful in answering practically instantly a ton of questions via phone/email/text as HDGamer and I were setting up his wideband failsafe, trying to do some logging on both of our cars and also correctly diagnosed that my fuel pump had failed based on symptoms I described to him over the phone.
mindovaanything is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
OctaneBlue
Just Spooling Up

Yea, it's going great so far. Just getting the injectors dialed in right now though. I'm having issues getting my wideband to record though. I soldered it in (because I followed the steps in the thread for it), still having some issues though. Im sure Chet's gonna be able to help me out and get everything right though.

459whp / 358wtq
Rickerman Tuned

Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
mitsuevox
Just Spooling Up

sounds like a solid setup man, sub'd for updates, cant wait to see some results. I'm in the beginning stages of tuning so any input I can grab is good.
FIC 1100
Buscher 3" TBE
Stance gr+ pro
Khumo ecsta XS
GS 3port EBCS
ACT 6 puck sprung

waiting to go on after afghanistan: BB fp green W/ 25psi WGA, MAP aem FPR kit, DW65 fuel pump, Krackas WORKS short shifter from MAP, Hotchkis rear sway, Hotchkis end links, boomba fuel rail, DSG triple pod, AGP front engine mount, Driven Fab catch can, AMS DP, APR GTC-300, APR front splitter, APR front canards.

mitsuevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement