Rickerman Tuning - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
OctaneBlue
Just Spooling Up

Update : Chet's genius self figured out my wideband problem, and it was just the formula. We're still scaling the injectors in though. Im assuming / once they're done, we can begin making pulls. (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAP : EF3 Turbo - ShortRunner Manifold - AMS : Front Mount Intercooler - Upper Intercooler Pipe - Downpipe - Test Pipe - Agency Power : - Catback Exhaust - Cobb : SF Intake -Grimmspeed : 3 Port EBCS - DW : 1000cc Injectors - 65c Pump Competiton Clutch : Stage 3 Full Face - Magnus : CMC - AEM : Uego Wideband - Defi : Boost Gauge - PVR Motorsports : Type R CF Lip - Bride : Gias II Low Maxes

459whp / 358wtq
Rickerman Tuned

OctaneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
WraithX
Dr. Evo?

|Forced Performance
RED Ball Bearing Turbocharger|
|Custom Tomei ProCams |Kaizen 'Sakura' Race Manifold|

STOP BEING DICKS TO PEOPLE UNDER 100 POSTS

WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneBlue View Post
Update : Chet's genius self figured out my wideband problem, and it was just the formula. We're still scaling the injectors in though. Im assuming / once they're done, we can begin making pulls. (:
With the help of Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP mlomker

chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
WraithX
Dr. Evo?

Those were kneepads, for the record.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
|Forced Performance
RED Ball Bearing Turbocharger|
|Custom Tomei ProCams |Kaizen 'Sakura' Race Manifold|

STOP BEING DICKS TO PEOPLE UNDER 100 POSTS

WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #15
Boost_Nerd
Just Spooling Up

Yea i'm reading that formula is gonna be a tricky lil hoe..I'm going to have to do most of the same mods as you Octane minus the turbo of course..How hard is it to scale the injectors? i thought if u were provided values to plug in for scaling (like MAP injectors include) You were good to go..had no idea it could take this long for JUST scaling..But getting it right the first time is always more important, regardless of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneBlue View Post
Invidia-MAP-DW65c-GSC

HANDLING
H&R-Perrin-DME-Whiteline-Cusco

LOOKS
19x10.5 +12 SSR SP3
Project Kics-Seibon-Rexpeed
PVR-TMW-Defi-AEM-Coltspeed
Boost_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Scaling takes time. You can't just "plug in" the latency values (although all of us tuner wish it was that easy!). Injectors are typically flow tested after manufacturing and injectors with similar latency and flow characteristics are packaged together. The exact same type of injector can require different settings to run right. The provided values are a good starting point, but typically you'll still have to make some adjustments.

Build thread with lots of vids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

Last edited by HappyMint; 01-04-2013 at 01:23 PM.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
morricus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMint View Post
Scaling takes time. You can't just "plug in" the latency values (although all of us tuner wish it was that easy!). Injectors are typically flow tested after manufacturing and injectors with similar latency and flow characteristics are packaged together. The exact same type of injector can require different settings to run right.
Out of curiosity, are some injectors easier to scale than others? I'm not talking about quality, I don't want to start an attack on the vendors....plus higher quality could mean more difficulty for all I know. But are some easier to work with than other from a tuner perspective?
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
DocBoz
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
Out of curiosity, are some injectors easier to scale than others? I'm not talking about quality, I don't want to start an attack on the vendors....plus higher quality could mean more difficulty for all I know. But are some easier to work with than other from a tuner perspective?
I believe the closer to stock size the easier they are to dial in.
DocBoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
Some injectors are easier to scale because all you have to do is plug in the injector scaling and latencies and make a couple adjustments and they are good to go. Other injectors aren't that easy, like DW's, but that doesn't mean that they aren't good injectors

2000's aren't easy to dial in because of their size but 1000-1600's are easy

RIP mlomker

Last edited by chetrickerman; 01-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Boost_Nerd
Just Spooling Up

*PHEW* sounds like i made a good choice with the MAPs then lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Some injectors are easier to scale because all you have to do is plug in the injector scaling and latencies and make a couple adjustments and they are good to go. Other injectors aren't that easy, like DW's, but that doesn't mean that they aren't good injectors

2000's aren't easy to dial in because of their size but 1000-1600's are easy
Invidia-MAP-DW65c-GSC

HANDLING
H&R-Perrin-DME-Whiteline-Cusco

LOOKS
19x10.5 +12 SSR SP3
Project Kics-Seibon-Rexpeed
PVR-TMW-Defi-AEM-Coltspeed
Boost_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement