Rickerman Tuning - Page 5 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidlink View Post
I have all my O2s plugged in, but the serial cable is connected to the serial line coming from the WB gauge [blue wire]. Nothing is tapped into a sensor, just gauge to PC [usb], basically.
This is what I use too. I just route the serial through the dash and into my glove compartment. When I want to log I just open my glove box and pull out the USB sitting there and plug it into my laptop.

Build thread with lots of vids:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #42
Kento240
Just Spooling Up

^ same here. Very convenient if you ask me.

2011 GG EVO X, SSL, Aero, Sunroof
117K miles

2.2L Stroked and sleeved- Wiseco 10:1- Carrillo Pro H Beam Rods- GSC S2- ID1700- Walbaro 525LPH- Radium -8an Fuel Feed and Filter-Cosworth Rail- Aeromotive FPR- Driven Fab T4 EFR 8474 EWG Turbo Kit- MAP test pipe- HKS Hi Power CBE- OS Giken Twin Clutch- MAP CMC

Previous Cars:
2002 Eclipse GT (still own)
2009 Lancer GTS
2010 Evo X MR
2011 Evo X GSR (current)
Kento240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #43
Liquidlink
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMint View Post
This is what I use too. I just route the serial through the dash and into my glove compartment. When I want to log I just open my glove box and pull out the USB sitting there and plug it into my laptop.
What did you use to 12v and ground? I tapped into the Cig/lighter//AUXoutlet and I get a low-volume high-pitch tone. I tried a different location for ground, as well, same noise. I'm thinking my tapping in the 12v aux location is causing it, but, I don't really know of a just-as-easy 12v in that glovebox local...

Liquidlink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
DocBoz
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMint View Post
i did the same thing and also ran my OBDII extension cable to my glove box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidlink View Post
What did you use to 12v and ground? I tapped into the Cig/lighter//AUXoutlet and I get a low-volume high-pitch tone. I tried a different location for ground, as well, same noise. I'm thinking my tapping in the 12v aux location is causing it, but, I don't really know of a just-as-easy 12v in that glovebox local...
ill have to check what i spliced mine into, i dont get any noises. now if i plug my ipod into the cig lighter and charge it while its playing i get that buzz thru my speakers(extremely f***ing annoying).
DocBoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #45
Boost_Nerd
Just Spooling Up

Ok wait that confused me lol..I thought you had to have the UEGO Bosch sensor in the rear 02 (testpipe) if you didnt have an extra bung welded on somewhere else, and just disable the rear 02 in the ecu?... I did alot of reading on this today since i've been stuck in my room all day (due to my flight going back to the states getting delayed ) and i got a pretty good grasp on the whole blue-wire / black-wire female serial port to USB thing..
Invidia-MAP-DW65c-GSC

HANDLING
H&R-Perrin-DME-Whiteline-Cusco

LOOKS
19x10.5 +12 SSR SP3
Project Kics-Seibon-Rexpeed
PVR-TMW-Defi-AEM-Coltspeed
Boost_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
DocBoz
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwEvoXgsr View Post
Chet, what about wiring the wideband to a 2.5mm cable? You can then plug that in to the tactrix cable and log AFR's without a computer correct? Do you need any kind of formula like you need when tapping into the rear o2 or will it log just as easy as the serial cable?
iv wondered about that, then id only have one usb cable plugged into my laptop.
DocBoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #47
Liquidlink
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nerd View Post
Ok wait that confused me lol..I thought you had to have the UEGO Bosch sensor in the rear 02 (testpipe) if you didnt have an extra bung welded on somewhere else, and just disable the rear 02 in the ecu?
Bosch .. I dunno. . . but if it's the same as the AEM, it has two connectors: 1 TO the O2 location; 2 TO serial & 12v. So both would be used. Pop you gauge sensor in the TP, and then serial used for other set of wires from gauge. (does that add to confusion?)

Liquidlink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #48
HappyMint
Forum Addict

I ran mine into a fuse with a fuse adapter I think.

Build thread with lots of vids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
wwEvoXgsr
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBoz View Post
iv wondered about that, then id only have one usb cable plugged into my laptop.
Or just datalog onto the SD card and you wouldn't need any cables.
wwEvoXgsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #50
Joeyrukkus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwEvoXgsr View Post
Or just datalog onto the SD card and you wouldn't need any cables.
This, I still use the laptop if I'm going out for some WOT pulls but other than that, 24/7 logging ftw.
Joeyrukkus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement