Canadian (Cold climate) Evo X Owners - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
TheSin
[Local Team Member]

Canadian (Cold climate) Evo X Owners

I'm a Canadian and it's cold and winter here, I have 2 problems that I was wondering what others have been doing with. I have the MR, so my wheels are a bit different then the GSR, and I can't find winter rims to cover my brakes, anyhow I got winter tires on the stock wheels and I am constantly getting huge snow buildup in the rear wheels to the point where I can't go above 80km/h without a bad vibration, and it's too cold to wash them, anyone else having this issue if so how are you dealing with it?

Also if the temp is below 3C the info dash beeps telling me it might be icy, which is EVERYTIME I'm in my car for the next 6 months, can I shut that off? I know it might be icy I was just outside freezing.

Otherwise all I can say is that I prefer to drive my Evo over my big 4x4 truck, the handling in snow and ice is better then anything I have ever driven, I love this car, just a few minor things I thought I'd look into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
&
TheSin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
smith
[Local Team Member]

i havnt seen any steely rims that will fit on this car the icy roads beep is driving me nuts too cuz its like -25C out and obviously the roads are icy, i meen you could be blind and def and still know its going to be icy. but i have a set of tenzo's for my winter rims the 6 spoke gunmetal ones.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
xPRimNT
[Local Team Member]

I have a GSR, so I can't say I have the same vibration problem. Maybe buy another set of stock GSR rims - The MR BBS' are too nice for the snow anyway!

I won't comment too much on how much I love my car during winter - let's just say I would never tuck this car in a garage for the winter months. As much as I could save my X from winter damage, I'm having a blast.
xPRimNT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
TheSin
[Local Team Member]

I agree I love the car, the beeping is annoying for us cause we know it's winter and what that means, I can understand for other places where 3-0C is rare, but after 0 I think the car should just know we know already Was just hoping there was some weird sequence to turn it off or something, like most cars have for the seat belt chimes.

And as for wheels, I couldn't' find steel wheels to clear the brakes, so i ran the MR BBS, but I think for next year I'll try and find something else, the vibration is due to all the snow that packs in to the rear wheel, then I have to wash it out but obviously wet car at -25 (we know what that means) so I don't like that option much.

My
and
&
Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
jammers3

were in canada are u
jammers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
smith
[Local Team Member]

calgary AB

and as for the snow in the back wheel yea i get that too but it only gets in there due to spirited driving at least thats what i find, i get it in the front too lol. my tenzo 6 spokes are great for winter rims imo.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
TheSin
[Local Team Member]

Near pigeon lake, so near Edmonton, AB

My
and
&
Old 12-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #8
jammers3

Ya i am from Calgary as well i have a gsr my buddy owns a tire shop and he could get u black stealies that would fit but they cost alot. i just put the winter tires on my stock rims and i am buying aftermarket for the summer. but PM me and i can give u his shop number if u are interested
jammers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #9
TheSin
[Local Team Member]

what is really expensive after putting 55k on a car and then adding 3k in mods before it's a month old

My
and
&
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
Talon_66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSin View Post
what is really expensive after putting 55k on a car and then adding 3k in mods before it's a month old
That it for mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPRimNT View Post
I have a GSR, so I can't say I have the same vibration problem. Maybe buy another set of stock GSR rims - The MR BBS' are too nice for the snow anyway!

I won't comment too much on how much I love my car during winter - let's just say I would never tuck this car in a garage for the winter months. As much as I could save my X from winter damage, I'm having a blast.

Rub it in, Rub it in!

Guess what showed up from Xtremeboost
Talon_66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement