MMCS into Non Nav 2011 GSR - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
Karnage-Aus
n00b

MMCS into Non Nav 2011 GSR

Hi everyone, long time lurker here from Australia finally unable to find an answer from other people’s posts and problems.

I’ve been kindly given 2x MMCS units for free from friends that aren’t using them. I’ve read the threads and attempted an install but unfortunately wasn’t successful but I did learn a few things. My evo does have the FUSE functions.

One of the units is a 2009, friend upgraded as the touchscreen was becoming intermittent. All the plugs on the back plug into my car. There were 2 plugs that I disconnected and fit directly into the 09 mmcs. I believe one is a 20 pin and another a slightly smaller plug. There was also a plug that was taped up and not in use on my loom which I untaped and it fit perfectly into the 3rd and last slot in the back of the 09 unit. The unit powered up fine and everything, alas i don’t have the gps that plugs into the back as my friend doesn’t have it.

Onto the second unit which I want to use in the car. This is a newer unit, I suspect it’s a 2014 one (also has the two adjustment knobs on top left and right). I was given the gps connector for this and it does plug into the back correctly. The two original white plugs also fit into the back of the 2014 mmcs however the taped up plug is now too big. On the back of the 2014 unit it shows a slightly smaller female plug and is grey. The unit did not power up with only the 2 plugs connected.

I’m assuming I need an adaptor to convert the older style plug to the newer, however my problem is I’m guessing what year model the newer unit is. Because it’s Australian it doesn’t have the N-0# numbers like the US units, it has a W-## instead. So how would I go about this?

I understand without pictures it’s difficult so I’ll post some tonight.

Any advice would be very appreciated
Karnage-Aus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
Karnage-Aus
n00b

Attached are 2 photos. The first is the 09 unit. I’ve circled the female plug which I have the male plug for in my loom. Appears to be a 24 pin plug

The second photo is of the newer unit. As you can see it doesn’t have a 24 pin plug, but has a 16 and an 8 pin plug which is circled. I’m assuming I would need to convert the plug?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C222CE50-D296-40C8-B777-6F68D5F0BAF0_1562571660864.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	280030   Click image for larger version

Name:	908AFE84-0BF7-4DED-8D16-39C948C9EC7D_1562571775486.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	280032  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:53 AM   #3
turismolover22
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage-Aus View Post
Hi everyone, long time lurker here from Australia finally unable to find an answer from other peopleís posts and problems.

Iíve been kindly given 2x MMCS units for free from friends that arenít using them. Iíve read the threads and attempted an install but unfortunately wasnít successful but I did learn a few things. My evo does have the FUSE functions.

One of the units is a 2009, friend upgraded as the touchscreen was becoming intermittent. All the plugs on the back plug into my car. There were 2 plugs that I disconnected and fit directly into the 09 mmcs. I believe one is a 20 pin and another a slightly smaller plug. There was also a plug that was taped up and not in use on my loom which I untaped and it fit perfectly into the 3rd and last slot in the back of the 09 unit. The unit powered up fine and everything, alas i donít have the gps that plugs into the back as my friend doesnít have it.

Onto the second unit which I want to use in the car. This is a newer unit, I suspect itís a 2014 one (also has the two adjustment knobs on top left and right). I was given the gps connector for this and it does plug into the back correctly. The two original white plugs also fit into the back of the 2014 mmcs however the taped up plug is now too big. On the back of the 2014 unit it shows a slightly smaller female plug and is grey. The unit did not power up with only the 2 plugs connected.

Iím assuming I need an adaptor to convert the older style plug to the newer, however my problem is Iím guessing what year model the newer unit is. Because itís Australian it doesnít have the N-0# numbers like the US units, it has a W-## instead. So how would I go about this?

I understand without pictures itís difficult so Iíll post some tonight.

Post up photos, but if you have a 2014+ MMCS NAVI Stereo, it will not work on a 2013 or earlier Mitsu.

I would be interested in it, I have a 2015 and mine is coincidentally dying.

You have a PM
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #4
SparkyIX
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage-Aus View Post
Hi everyone, long time lurker here from Australia finally unable to find an answer from other people’s posts and problems.

I’ve been kindly given 2x MMCS units for free from friends that aren’t using them. I’ve read the threads and attempted an install but unfortunately wasn’t successful but I did learn a few things. My evo does have the FUSE functions.

One of the units is a 2009, friend upgraded as the touchscreen was becoming intermittent. All the plugs on the back plug into my car. There were 2 plugs that I disconnected and fit directly into the 09 mmcs. I believe one is a 20 pin and another a slightly smaller plug. There was also a plug that was taped up and not in use on my loom which I untaped and it fit perfectly into the 3rd and last slot in the back of the 09 unit. The unit powered up fine and everything, alas i don’t have the gps that plugs into the back as my friend doesn’t have it.

Onto the second unit which I want to use in the car. This is a newer unit, I suspect it’s a 2014 one (also has the two adjustment knobs on top left and right). I was given the gps connector for this and it does plug into the back correctly. The two original white plugs also fit into the back of the 2014 mmcs however the taped up plug is now too big. On the back of the 2014 unit it shows a slightly smaller female plug and is grey. The unit did not power up with only the 2 plugs connected.

I’m assuming I need an adaptor to convert the older style plug to the newer, however my problem is I’m guessing what year model the newer unit is. Because it’s Australian it doesn’t have the N-0# numbers like the US units, it has a W-## instead. So how would I go about this?

I understand without pictures it’s difficult so I’ll post some tonight.

Hi there, i have a US spec 2012 evo x with the fuse. I upgraded my stock radio to the navigation as well. I originally bought a unit from a 2008, but my Bluetooth didnt work. I finally found out why, 2011-2013 had a different Bluetooth system / fuse than the 2008-2010. I believe 2014 they changed the plug style on the back of the navigation unit. To answer your question though, i haven't seen a conversion from the old car harness to the new radio.

Last edited by SparkyIX; 07-12-2019 at 04:33 AM.
SparkyIX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
Karnage-Aus
n00b

Hi all. Can confirm I wasn unable to do the conversion as I could not a conversion plug. I had the idea to wire up my own conversion plug but I was unable to even find the relevant male/female plug to make my own conversion loom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement