Still working on BS prep... - Page 36 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Auto-X
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Auto-X Discussion for autocross techniques, events and results.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:18 AM   #351
Cbusrehab
n00b

I was able to register for nationals. That was a mess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #352
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbusrehab View Post
I was able to register for nationals. That was a mess!
Great to hear!! Hope you guys will have great time out there!
  • camber: -1.9/-1.5 Front, -1.7/-1.6 Rear
  • toe: 0 all
  • RE71 275/35/18s: 34/28 F/R
  • Enkei PF01 silver: 18x8.5
  • Whiteline FSB full stiff, end links

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    doubles, external canisters
  • OEM replacement rotors:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    adjustable front sway-bar brackets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsor:

MrAWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 AM   #353
mantella
X-phile

i planned to go to nationals but this year my car has informed me no. car needs a new block. i have it rigged to finish out the season for local events and finally have some boost back. yes i have been mia for a while
mantella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #354
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

I would love to go back there too, but nothing in the near future there for me either. My block seem to be ok, but clutches could use a refreshment...oh well, I can still cheer for other from my work desk...

• Porterfield R4S - Carbotech AX6 were ON|OFF switch, squeled like pigs, and made lots of dust

Sponsor:

Old 11-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #355
MikeBard
n00b

Glad I found this thread because FB is worthless. I drove a NA miata this last season and learned a lot, but I co-drove a 2011 Evo MR and fell in love (all stock but some 245/40/18 federals). Had my best finish (10/70 pax) with some national level drivers moonlighting in our region. Bought myself a 2013 GSR and am trying to find info on a good setup for D street next year. Looks like 275/35/18 is the ticket. whiteline front sway. Are the only shocks available the 4900 dollar MCS ones?
MikeBard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #356
MrAWD
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBard View Post
Glad I found this thread because FB is worthless. I drove a NA miata this last season and learned a lot, but I co-drove a 2011 Evo MR and fell in love (all stock but some 245/40/18 federals). Had my best finish (10/70 pax) with some national level drivers moonlighting in our region. Bought myself a 2013 GSR and am trying to find info on a good setup for D street next year. Looks like 275/35/18 is the ticket. whiteline front sway. Are the only shocks available the 4900 dollar MCS ones?
Welcome aboard Mike!
RE71s 275s seem to be working well, but I would like to see some testing with Rivals S and new kid on the block - Yokos in 265/35/18 size. I still have high hopes that Rivals might be pretty good choice for our heavy car, but I have no money to do such testing. Yokos seem to be not as happy with limited camber stock cars and one of the FoRS killed front tires too quick for my liking. Hard to say if would face the same results, but tire seem to be softer and probably faster than the others.

As of the shocks, MCS has build several sets. Aside from doubles with externals, you could also go without remotes. You do loose ability to play with gas pressures, and get a bit less adjustment, but well worth its price. You also have singles as cheapest MCS option as well.

I have asked Koni for yellows that would fit our car, but never got any response from them. Those would be nice option to have, but as of now, there is nothing there.

There are several other shocks that guys are using here with good success. Either way you go, you would have to build custom slots for springs. I got mine from SFR (see my sig) and I am sure that you could get your set there as well.

Finally on the street legal shocks/struts - most of those I have seen so far have high speed compression adjustment on them and for lack of better words, those suck for what we do with them. Low speed compression would be much more useful, but only place that was willing to make me a set was Anze - set of Penske 7500 (doubles, no remotes), which would be done at similar price as MSC. The most elusive option would be to get a set of triples and remove high speed adjuster from them (basically making them doubles), but not there yet.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sponsor:

Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #357
MikeBard
n00b

I’ll check those tires out as well. Being that one tire costs as much as 3 RE71s for the Miata I hate to be the one to experiment.

I was “shocked” by the lack of shock choices for the evo honestly. I used koni’s on a few cars so I had my mind set on that. I can’t see your sig links until I get 10 posts.

I have a lot of work to accomplish first, the car I bought was super cheap because it has a nice sight hole in the side of the block to check on the pistons. Lol. I need to find a stock air box and catalytic converter for it as well.

I’ll probably go ahead and order the front sway bar because it looks like it will be much easier with no drivetrain in the car.
MikeBard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement