What are you doing to prep for the BBQ? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
Ttsumibishi
[Detailing Moderator]
[Local Team Mod]
[Bone Closet Mod]

What are you doing to prep for the BBQ?

Me:
  • Wash/clay/wax/detail
  • Pack detailing supplies to do it again after my drive to NJ
  • Pack tools
  • Replace a few pieces of blue SVH with red
  • Clean interior as best I can
  • Clean engine bay
  • Check fitment of SpeedCircuit CAI - causing some rubbing on wheel well liner when steering wheel is at full lock
  • Install test pipe and reinstall RSB
  • Hopefully installed Innovate wideband..might not have time
  • Setup appointment with Ivey for a custom tune the Friday before the BBQ
  • Hopefully transmission fluid changed out to Redline cocktail before then
Ttsumibishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
GundamPilot
[Local Team Member]

im gonna clean the car, inside and out. bring cleaning stuff so the car can shine while im there. and i dunno what i can clean the engine bay with but i hope i will have found something that works well before the bbq.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
pistolpete69916
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamPilot View Post
im gonna clean the car, inside and out. bring cleaning stuff so the car can shine while im there. and i dunno what i can clean the engine bay with but i hope i will have found something that works well before the bbq.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...tailing+kit.do

I've used this on my evo, and previous cars multiple times. Spray on the cleaner, hose it off, wipe it down with a cloth. Then spray the engine bay dressing on it. (It's a nice glossy coat that manufactures and dealers use)
pistolpete69916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
bigmike311
[CCEvo VP]

doing the full detail in and out. the day before clean the engine bay up real good. polish a few more things and mask off the front with some blue painters tape.. get them pesky bugs off the front

SSP sponsored
SSP tuned by kozmic27 358WHP 312Tq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bigmike311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

OMG not the blue painters tape... lol That shit is a PITA!!

DWHIT!!!! I need a detail!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official Sponsor:

Stock? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
bigmike311
[CCEvo VP]

lol u just gotta be smarter than the tape..

SSP sponsored
SSP tuned by kozmic27 358WHP 312Tq

bigmike311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
dwhit757
[CCEvo President]

I got u chadd!
I will be doing wash, clay, wash, glaze, 2 coats of wax. Clean engine bay.
Carbon fiber wrap interior pieces
pack a cleaning kit to touch it up when i get to the bbq. Gotta be perfect cuz I'm showing. There, now you'll know my secrets.

dwhit757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Stock?
[Local Team Member]

I thought I was Layered the tape so it "would" all come off at once. Negative...

Official Sponsor:

Stock? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
nystc23
[Local Team Member]

Maybe a wash/wax on Saturday (depending on how late Friday night gets) .. but since I'm not showing, I will prob only wash it..

However, I am getting my new tires (245/40zr18 Continental EC DWS) put on today with mounting/balancing/alignment. My stock Advans are definitely bare after 23k miles.. but they will be perfect for AutoX in the future

My

Local Team: Empire Evolution
Sponsored By:

and
RICKERMAN TUNING
nystc23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
turbogirljess
[Local Team Member]
[Event Planner]

full detail inside and out

Official Sponsor:

Graphite Gray MR
Rally Armor, Beatrush, AMS, Eibach, SpeedCircuit, CNT, Perrin, Rota DPT

turbogirljess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement