Stock tire question??? - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes Discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension related topics that are common among all 08+ Lancers.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #21
Lesterh
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblade View Post
Is there any advantages of going with the 265 over the stock 245 with the stock GSR rims?
No definitely not. I have wider 9.5 inch rims, which is why I run 265. Run 245's on the stockers. Otherwise things will suck!

"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
-General Tommy Franks
Lesterh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
princesmith
n00b

I am still unclear about the alloy wheels and whether bolts/lugs are required on all 4 wheels or only in the back, with nuts in the front. I bought a set of OE alloy wheels for my '87 Westy, and it came with 2 sets of lugs.
princesmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #23
KARo7
Forum Lackey

Im on my 3rd set of stock tires... bought the other 2 slightly used... neither of them have lasted me more than 10K with spirited street driving and occasional autocross/gymkhana... i love how responsive these tires are and grip very well too as long as the temp is above 50...as for your tires, i would say yes they are probably dry rotting, ive never heard of this happen to these tires before.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
nystc23
[Local Team Member]

my stockers lasted 24k miles with mostly highway driving & plenty of spirited driving.. but they were in desperate need to be changed when I swapped them out for my A/S tires.. I want to go back to the stock tires for their awesome responsiveness.. if only they would have more tread life!!

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Local Team: Empire Evolution
Sponsored By:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and
RICKERMAN TUNING
nystc23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
1997_GSX

My friends lasted a whole 3000 miles before he picked up another set of stock tires.
1997_GSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #26
marek

these tires are awesome! i just got my car the other day and my first turn i nearly ate the curb on a right hander. the turn in is pretty quick. having said that i need to sell mine. i bought the car here in florida and i need to drive it back up to michigan in 2 weeks. just thinking about driving in snow with these tires gives me heart palpitations. no way i can risk it. i just need to get my posts up so i can sell em in the forums or maybe ebay and get some high peeformance all seasons so i dont die. 100 miles on em. boo hoo
marek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #27
hotdog
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marek View Post
these tires are awesome! i just got my car the other day and my first turn i nearly ate the curb on a right hander. the turn in is pretty quick. having said that i need to sell mine. i bought the car here in florida and i need to drive it back up to michigan in 2 weeks. just thinking about driving in snow with these tires gives me heart palpitations. no way i can risk it. i just need to get my posts up so i can sell em in the forums or maybe ebay and get some high peeformance all seasons so i dont die. 100 miles on em. boo hoo
Don't sell the stock tires for snow tires of All Seasons, that's just silly.

The stock Advans are fantastic tires, except in the snow. Buy a set of snow tires, toss them on the stock rims, and then just move the Advans back over when it becomes nice. Then buy a larger set of rims, another set of high performance summer tires when the Advans die, and then voila: You have a winter set and a summer set.

Tossing out the Advans is like tossing out the baby with the bathwater.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #28
SkyFlakes
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
Don't sell the stock tires for snow tires of All Seasons, that's just silly.

The stock Advans are fantastic tires, except in the snow. Buy a set of snow tires, toss them on the stock rims, and then just move the Advans back over when it becomes nice. Then buy a larger set of rims, another set of high performance summer tires when the Advans die, and then voila: You have a winter set and a summer set.

Tossing out the Advans is like tossing out the baby with the bathwater.
I regret selling my stock tires/rims. IF i had to do it again... I will def.. keep the stock rims/tires...

SkyFlakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #29
SS-to-EvoX

Good stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen3 View Post
I agree. The stockers are actually pretty awesome for their size. And that tread-wear rating is just track time waiting to happen.

Agreed. I just got Star Specs. The stock Yoko's are 400/ea where I live. Great tires, but DD will wear them quickly.
I love my stock tires. They are super sticky, but wear terribly. I got a second set of beater rims and put some all seasons (Conti DWS) and they really weren't that bad. With the last blizzard we had in VA they worked pretty well.
SS-to-EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement