GTS AWD Swap??? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes Discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension related topics that are common among all 08+ Lancers.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
The_Stig_96

GTS AWD Swap???

What are all the required parts for this job? I have a pretty good idea but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The reason I want to do this is because I want to make something new and be unique. I know it will cost a lot of money and be cheaper to buy a car with AWD from the factory. That's not my point, I have no problem spending money if it allows me to be unique. If anyone has any knowledge on this topic please let me know.
The_Stig_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig_96 View Post
What are all the required parts for this job? I have a pretty good idea but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The reason I want to do this is because I want to make something new and be unique. I know it will cost a lot of money and be cheaper to buy a car with AWD from the factory. That's not my point, I have no problem spending money if it allows me to be unique. If anyone has any knowledge on this topic please let me know.

Quote from another forum on this same topic:
Quote:
"I don't know if I'd want all that 168 hp of fury trying to power four wheels."
The vehicle below is unique. it also costs $600k or so if I am not mistaken. can you afford that? I would assume no, then you are not really unique any more. You are identical to a number of other people trying to take rather cheap vehicles and blow shit tons of money for being "unique".

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.

Last edited by CanEvo2012; 04-28-2015 at 12:17 AM.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
The_Stig_96

No that's not unique that's factory anyone with a bank account can buy one and drive it. I want to build something not buy something.
The_Stig_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Pool Playen Bob
X-phile

Taking a car that you can get awd isn't really unique. Pretty silly. Taking a fwd 7th gen Celica and stuffing the power plant and awd system of an sti, now that's pretty unique and I would love to check that car over if the chance arose.
But if a gts is sitting over there with an awd set up all I would think to myself is wow... That's a lot of waisted money.

"Unique" sure. Financial mistake is a better term. It would be much easier to buy a Ralliart and "swap" in your engine. Much better results with half the get up and go. Say hello to bogsville.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TJ

Last edited by Pool Playen Bob; 04-28-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Pool Playen Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey

Don't they make some of the base model lancers with awd these days?? Therefore, this wouldn't be unique at all and just a terrible waste of thousands of dollars. I sure hope you're not married!

Quote:
And stretched tires are for cock hunting. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
OrangeRA has this color because his RA is so fast it turns to Roto blur when his car goes by.
"The Few, The Proud, The Rotor Glows"
orange09ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Eyler_Evo_X
Cunning Linguist

Quote:
No that's not unique that's factory anyone with a bank account can buy one and drive it. I want to build something not buy something.
Until you go to the manufacturing plant and hand build the AWD, body panels, chassis, etc. you're still buying the vehicle. The "built, not bought" argument is silly and constitutes a faulty generalization that people with large bank accounts just go out and buy the fastest car they can afford, but know nothing about it.

Good luck with your attempt, if you actually attempt it, but I think you're falling into a rabbit hole with this idea. While it might be "unique" in definition, sometimes that's not always a good thing.
I miss pre-mod Eyler. I say we start a campaign to return Eyler to his pre-mod glory, eloquent passes at me, random acts of empathy and grammar nazi-ing, while still modding. We'll call it Eyler: Back to Stock 2014. Yeah that will work. We need a movie poster of it.
Eyler_Evo_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #7
scox1026
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange09ralliart View Post
Don't they make some of the base model lancers with awd these days?? Therefore, this wouldn't be unique at all and just a terrible waste of thousands of dollars. I sure hope you're not married!
They are rare, but yeah they make base lancers with AWD and CVT transmissions..

I didn't think they existed until i seen a guy at my local autocross show up in one..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 RR Evo X GSR/SSS/Aero
Cobb AP Stage 2 / Cobb 3-port EBCS / Cobb Turbo Inlet / Cobb SF Intake / Invidia N1 TBE / Mishimoto 3" Intercooler / KW V3 Coilovers / 18x10.5 RPF1 / Hankook RS-3 / Torque Solution Short Shifter w/ all bushings / AMS gate selector
scox1026 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #8
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Nope, that's unique. That 6 wheel thing is single model ever built as prototype.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
morricus
Forum Lackey

Outstanding thread. Stunning.
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #10
Evostan
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
What are all the required parts for this job? I have a pretty good idea but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The reason I want to do this is because I want to make something new and be unique. I know it will cost a lot of money and be cheaper to buy a car with AWD from the factory. That's not my point, I have no problem throwing away large sums of cash and being called stoooopid if it allows me to be unique. If anyone has any knowledge on this topic please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement