Kozmic Motorsports Evo X Catch Can Kit! - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Elite Merchants > Kozmic Motorsports
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Kozmic Motorsports

Old 05-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
KozmicMotorsports
[Elite Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malves85 View Post
You guys mentioned in another thread you were going to use the CNC machine to make a plug for the manifold. Is this still in the works?
Yes, it is still in the works. We have been swamped here at the shop lately. I have the drawing done, however I have to find a new machinist to cut them as the shop I normally use locally has since went under new ownership and new pricing (almost doubled in most cases).

David

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

8967 Gilder Rd. Suite A
Houston, TX 77064

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

281-890-4772

SST 1/4 mile [email protected](stock ecu)
Stock Evo [email protected](record)
Stock RAturbo [email protected]
KozmicMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
jdub.csu
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KozmicMotorsports View Post
Yes, it is still in the works. We have been swamped here at the shop lately. I have the drawing done, however I have to find a new machinist to cut them as the shop I normally use locally has since went under new ownership and new pricing (almost doubled in most cases).

David
Does having this VTA catch can create a smell from the car because of it?
jdub.csu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
Mendo
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub.csu View Post
I've never smelled anything from mine and I have one of the first setups. The fluid that comes out does smell a little like gas.
2010 Evo X SE #203
Kozmic27 Tuned making 442 whp / 346 wtq
AEM - AMI - AMS - BC Racing - DeatschWerks - Enkei - ETS - FIC - Garrett - GrimmSpeed - GSC - GTSpec - Kelford - Kozmic Motorsports - Mishimoto - Mynes - Nitto - SSP - Synapse Eng - Whiteline
Stock Turbo: [email protected] 1.83 60ft
GTX3582: -------
Mendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #24
jshimer23
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub.csu View Post
Mine smells a bit when I turn on the defrost or AC pulling outside air. Otherwise I can't smell a thing.
Kelford: 214B cams, valve springs
MAP: Recirc DP
Full Race: Prostock Exhaust Manifold
Sakura: 3" Intake
ID1000
DW65c
Swift Spec R
Whiteline RSB
jshimer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
KozmicMotorsports
[Elite Merchant]

Product update: We have upgraded the hose in all of our Evo catch can kits to genuine Aeroquip Starlite® hose. Hands down the best race hose money can by.
Starlite Racing Hose
Eaton’s Aeroquip® popular light-weight racing hose; up to 45% lighter than steel braided hose. Flame resistant Nomex cover with Kevlar®*. Aeroquip elastomer smooth bore inner tube, -45 to +300 F temperature rating. Approved with reusable and crimp fittings. Applications include fuel, lube, coolant, air. *Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont™

We also sell this hose by the foot. It is easy to work with, cuts with a razor blade, and is easier to get into the fittings for build up than stainless hose by wide margin.

8967 Gilder Rd. Suite A
Houston, TX 77064

281-890-4772

Last edited by KozmicMotorsports; 06-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
jshimer23
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Product update: We have upgraded the hose in all of our Evo catch can kits to genuine Aeroquip Starlite® hose. Hands down the best race hose money can by.
Starlite Racing Hose
Eaton’s Aeroquip® popular light-weight racing hose; up to 45% lighter than steel braided hose. Flame resistant Nomex cover with Kevlar®*. Aeroquip elastomer smooth bore inner tube, -45 to +300 F temperature rating. Approved with reusable and crimp fittings. Applications include fuel, lube, coolant, air. *Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont™

We also sell this hose by the foot. It is easy to work with, cuts with a razor blade, and is easier to get into the fittings for build up than stainless hose by wide margin.
Sounds good. Any reason for us who already have the kit to upgrade?
Kelford: 214B cams, valve springs
MAP: Recirc DP
Full Race: Prostock Exhaust Manifold
Sakura: 3" Intake
ID1000
DW65c
Swift Spec R
Whiteline RSB
jshimer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
kozmic27
[Elite Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshimer23 View Post
Sounds good. Any reason for us who already have the kit to upgrade?
Not at all unless you just want the red id thread to decorate your engine bay. We switched primarily because it is so much easier to work with that the reduction in kit build up time offset the increased cost of the hose.

Tuned by kozmic27:

MyEvo X MR:
;
SSP Evo X MR:531hp/406tq;
1st 11 sec SST 1/4 11.851 @ 117.72; RA [email protected](record);
Stock Evo [email protected]
(record)
kozmic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
sstevojr
X-phile

someone understands lean
did you have a "kaizen" event, lol

Last edited by sstevojr; 06-04-2013 at 07:16 PM.
sstevojr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
KozmicMotorsports
[Elite Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevojr View Post
someone understands lean
did you have a "kaizen" event, lol
Speaking of Kaizen, if you look at the pics of their time attack car in Modified Magazine (Cover car), you can see the lines coming off the valve cover to our catch can kit.

These are in stock and ready to ship by the way.

8967 Gilder Rd. Suite A
Houston, TX 77064

281-890-4772

Old 08-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #30
Evoish-X

Quote:

David

Any update on this? I am really in the market for one.

**Current**
Bolt-on powered 2008 Evo X GSR GG Tuned by Chris Black
Evoish-X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement