Anyone has experience with OS GIKEN R3C clutches? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > 5-Speed Manual (W5M6A)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5-Speed Manual (W5M6A) Post all 5MT topics here.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Geist
n00b

Anyone has experience with OS GIKEN R3C clutches?

Hey bros and sis,

I'm taking a leap of faith and trying out a new clutch that has been on the scene for a bit. However, it being one of the more rare clutches and not-used-by-many, I was wondering if anyone have had experience with this brand of clutches? I am looking at the OS Giken R3S

My end goal for my X is to push for 700whp comfortably with a magnus built block with the following specs:
Billet Crankshaft
Billet I Beam Rods
Magnus 4B11 Pistons
Darton Sleeves
Magnus 4B11 Race Intake Manifold

Im currently running stock block with:
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Kelford Camshafts
CNC Machined Head with +2mm Intake and Exhaust Valves
ETS turbo kit GTX3584RS GENll
~4" intercooler and UCIP and lower
ETS resonated TP
Tomei Ti Catback
Grimmspeed 3EBC
ID 2000cc injectors
DeliciousTuning E85

I'm on a conservative tune with 32psi at 467whp. I still have the stock clutch on.
But now its time for a new clutch because of occasional slipping of the clutch with doing 40roll pulls.

LMK what ya'll think of those who have had experience with this clutch or know of it. Thanks
Geist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
mikelbring

Unrelated to your question but conservative at 32psi at only 467whp on a 3584!? Seems like that should be a lot more.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Kento240
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Hey bros and sis,

I'm taking a leap of faith and trying out a new clutch that has been on the scene for a bit. However, it being one of the more rare clutches and not-used-by-many, I was wondering if anyone have had experience with this brand of clutches? I am looking at the OS Giken R3S

My end goal for my X is to push for 700whp comfortably with a magnus built block with the following specs:
Billet Crankshaft
Billet I Beam Rods
Magnus 4B11 Pistons
Darton Sleeves
Magnus 4B11 Race Intake Manifold

Im currently running stock block with:
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Kelford Camshafts
CNC Machined Head with +2mm Intake and Exhaust Valves
ETS turbo kit GTX3584RS GENll
~4" intercooler and UCIP and lower
ETS resonated TP
Tomei Ti Catback
Grimmspeed 3EBC
ID 2000cc injectors
DeliciousTuning E85

I'm on a conservative tune with 32psi at 467whp. I still have the stock clutch on.
But now its time for a new clutch because of occasional slipping of the clutch with doing 40roll pulls.

LMK what ya'll think of those who have had experience with this clutch or know of it. Thanks
Clutch grip is higher than stock and the pedal feel is a little firmer. By no means would I consider it to be stiff. Honestly feels like an Exedy twin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 GG EVO X, SSL, Aero, Sunroof
117K miles

2.2L Stroked and sleeved- Wiseco 10:1- Carrillo Pro H Beam Rods- GSC S2- ID1700- Walbaro 525LPH- Radium -8an Fuel Feed and Filter-Cosworth Rail- Aeromotive FPR- Driven Fab T4 EFR 8474 EWG Turbo Kit- MAP test pipe- HKS Hi Power CBE- OS Giken Twin Clutch- MAP CMC

Previous Cars:
2002 Eclipse GT (still own)
2009 Lancer GTS
2010 Evo X MR
2011 Evo X GSR (current)
Kento240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement