Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Major AP V2 Issue-2012 Ralliart

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  JHafner16 
#1 ·
I own a 2012 Ralliart, I have had an unpleasant experience with my accesport thus far. I have had it for bout 6 months and it has given me nothing but problems, but it is the only thing that will give me an OTS tune for a ralliart.

In my most recent problem, I was changing maps to the "Stage 0" from the "Stage 3" in order to get the base-map. The change map was successful. However, I then clicked uninstall. While the accessport was in the middle of uninstalling, an Alert popped up. It told me that the accessport does not recognize my vehicle any longer. However, it is still installed... My ECU acts as if it is currently being flashed. The Alert on the Accessport asks me to call a cobb technician, however, they are away on holiday from Dec. 21 to Jan 1. This is quite a debacle as I need my car to get to work, school, and run errands.

:wallbash:

I purchased a Cobb Accessport because it was suppose to be quick and easy tuning and un-tuning with the click of a few buttons. This thing has given me nothing but a headache. Please help me out with this problem, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think you were supposed to hit uninstall with it hooked up. I may be wrong but I just unplug mine after I'm done flashing or logging, stop logging then disconnect and have had no issues.

#8 ·
I've had some minor problems with a previous firmware version, but nothing as severe as this. In any case, the AP is a very easy to use device and has lots of options for fixing problems without too much trouble. If you can't figure it out, call Cobb.
Not too sure why you flashed to Stage 0 and then tried to Uninstall the AP... If you wanted to unmarry it, you should have done exactly that.

#17 ·
I own a 2012 Ralliart, I have had an unpleasant experience with my accesport thus far. I have had it for bout 6 months and it has given me nothing but problems, but it is the only thing that will give me an OTS tune for a ralliart.
Or use a Tactrix OP2.0 + Laptop + GST Base Map.

Rich

#21 ·
I'm pretty sure alot people who own Cobb units don't know the diff between using it with a stock map and it being unmarried.. That's why there's so many Cobb deals gone bad posted. If it didn't take a while to uninstall it, it's still installed.

And yeah it would appear by your post, you did not follow the directions. It sounds contradictory to install a new map, to then just unmarry it. Maybe there's more to it, or it's busted. But, I've had a Cobb on my speed6 for years, the only issue I've had was the screen dying.. And Cobb replaced it, thank god. Or I'd be SOL on that car, cuz we don't get open sourced options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.