Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Cannot shift into gear after hard launch

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  turismolover22 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I'm pretty new to the Evo life and I bought this 2011 Evo X maybe a month ago with a dead clutch. So I changed it with a Competition Clutch Stage 4. After I made a launch with traction control on, it didn't really like it and it stopped wanted to shift in any gear when the car is on! So I thought it was just the TOB that unclipped from the pressure plate but when I try to disengage the clutch everything seems to be moving and the TOB was still clipped in. But I think it doesn't get pulled enough (even though it was getting disengaged a day before), so I checked the slave cylinder and there was some liquid in the rubber boot and some got passed the seals, but other than that, no major leaks coming from there. Do you guys think it could be just the slave cylinder?

Thanks for the responses!

#3 ·
Could definitely be the slave cylinder. The CMC in these cars is plastic from the factory and doesn't like upgraded clutches. There are plenty of good replacements. Check with MAP. They have detailed instructions too.

Thanks, I ordered the slave from the dealer and I'll probably upgrade the CMC. If I don't beat on the clutch too hard you think it's gonna break? Anyway it's winter and there's snow all over so I can't really drive it hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.