Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

ASC Light coming on.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cheshire Cynic 
#1 ·
So I recently bought the car and it was running fine for the first few days. But after that the ASC light came on along with the Check Engine light as well, and there began a weird idle, going from 7xx to 15xx, at maybe 1 second interval. I have no idea what it could be. Hopefully someone here has had that issue in the past and knows how to solve it. Also, if I keep it running the max RPM that it goes is to 3000rpm after that is just changes gear in a hard manner and speeds are low when ever that happens.

#4 ·
...weird idle, going from 7xx to 15xx, at maybe 1 second interval...
+1 for tranny. Mine had the exact same idle bounce thing and harder shifts right before the transmission died (still moved, but with much lurching and "ka-THUNK"-ing). Just bought my first Evo last June and only got to drive it for about 3 months before I had to pull the transmission and transfer case and send them off to Jack's, so I'm gonna second the thought that it was damage masked by the previous owner. Sorry dude, but at least you caught it before I did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.